NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

3-5-2 will be a disaster!

LB position is a bit of a headache for this one. I think i would put jonas there.....but when i try to select the starting eleven he seems to be missing on the LW....especially when i have no idea if obertan or Marveaux is ready to go?

but maybe something like this?  Barton has to be involved!

krul

Simpson    Saylor  Colo    Jonas

Tiote

Barton/Gosl.      Cabaye

Obertan/          ?/Vuckic          Marveaux

Barton

Ba

somthing like this will be able to get point(s) against arsenal....i think we are very lucky to meet them at this time. They seem to have a lot of players injured and a lot of key players situation seems in doubt!

We should be favorites O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

So have we officially gave up on getting any one in for this, even on loan?

Pardew said it "hasn't been possible" to get a LB or Striker in for this.

Get off his back man, he simply hasn't had time. The window has only just op......…

Oh

one of the lads on another site types up the points made on NUFC.TV interviews etc, copied pardews latest one in case anyone hasnt seen it

Last year of Enrique's contract.  He showed "no motivation" to sign a new one.

Replacement for Enrique is ongoing "as we speak"

We are "actively pursuing" 2 or 3 players and we'll take what we think is the best player for us

Decision about Joey Barton is down to the player himself.  He wants to go, he's gone.  He wants to sign, he'll sign and stay

The team for Arsenal hasnt been picked.  Will be picked tomorrow (Friday)

Barton trained with the first team today and is not ruled out of playing on Saturday

"I'm optimistic that he could still feature on Saturday and he could still feature at Sunderland" - exact words

Ideally would have liked to have "secured" a striker by now, but if you're not one of the top clubs it's very difficult to secure the player that you want

"We will get a striker over the line and we will get a left back over the line, 100%" - exact words

Thinks we've signed well this summer and thinks the fans will see some players that will impress them on Saturday

Got a much younger side this year.  He thinks we'll have much more energy on the pitch.  "[We] may not have the depth of experience but that can be made up with exuberance and no lack of ability"

Obertan will be a "big asset to us"

He'll give us pace to get at teams on the break away from home, something we didnt have last season

Seen in training from Demba Ba a "really classy finisher".  He can finish from whichever angle the ball is delivered

"He could be a fantastic player for us" (Ba)

The Enrique deal could not be done any sooner.  A player cant be sold if no offers are there for him.  Had to wait for Liverpool to come for him, whenever that time was

The money you get out of that (Enrique deal).  Will you have that to re-invest?

"Sure" - exact words

"Of course we dont want to see the best players leave, but with the contract situation with a year left, it leaves you vulnerable.  This is why we've tied a lot of our players to 4 or 5 year contracts, to try and tie them down"

We offered that to Jose, and he didnt want to sign it

"The outgoings for us, outside of maybe one, is done.  Now it's about the incomings" - exact words

Is Tiote ready for Arsenal?

"He looked ready this morning! *evil smile*

Pardew know's the GK who will start the season in his mind.  We find out on Saturday

It's not important to Pardew to sign anyone (talking specifically about strikers here) with Premiership experience

"If a player is good enough, they can cope with the division"

Hopefully the Prem will bring a smile back to everyones face this weekend (in reference to London)

Earlier you said 'maybe one player' who could still leave.  Is that Joey?

"Of course."

Shane Ferguson could definitely do a job at left back, but Arsenal is too early for him.  First day back in training today

"Only the one injury at the moment.  That's Ben Arfa.  I still think he's 5 or 6 weeks away if I'm honest"

"Physically, we're better than we were last year.  My staff, I and the players are ready."

Krul

Simmo Saylor Colo  Kadar

Cabaye Tiote

Jonas    Vuckic     Marveaux

Ba

Probably lining up against this

Szczesny

Sagna  Vermaelen Koscielny Gibbs

Song Ramsey

Gervinho    Rosicky    Arshavin

RVP

Walcott hasn't played at all in the last 3 weeks, don't know if he's back in training or not, but at the time of his injury it was reported he'd miss the first 2 or 3 games.

Even with a weakend team, I'd still take a point.  Got quite a few new players in the squad, this new style of play and no left back.

one of the lads on another site types up the points made on NUFC.TV interviews etc, copied pardews latest one in case anyone hasnt seen it

We are "actively pursuing" 2 or 3 players and we'll take what we think is the best player for us

Decision about Joey Barton is down to the player himself.  He wants to go, he's gone.  He wants to sign, he'll sign and stay

Barton trained with the first team today and is not ruled out of playing on Saturday

"I'm optimistic that he could still feature on Saturday and he could still feature at Sunderland" - exact words

Ideally would have liked to have "secured" a striker by now, but if you're not one of the top clubs it's very difficult to secure the player that you want

"We will get a striker over the line and we will get a left back over the line, 100%" - exact words

Thinks we've signed well this summer and thinks the fans will see some players that will impress them on Saturday

Got a much younger side this year.  He thinks we'll have much more energy on the pitch.  "[We] may not have the depth of experience but that can be made up with exuberance and no lack of ability"

He'll give us pace to get at teams on the break away from home, something we didnt have last season

Seen in training from Demba Ba a "really classy finisher".  He can finish from whichever angle the ball is delivered

The Enrique deal could not be done any sooner.  A player cant be sold if no offers are there for him.  Had to wait for Liverpool to come for him, whenever that time was

"Sure" - exact words

"Of course we dont want to see the best players leave, but with the contract situation with a year left, it leaves you vulnerable.  This is why we've tied a lot of our players to 4 or 5 year contracts, to try and tie them down"

"The outgoings for us, outside of maybe one, is done.  Now it's about the incomings" - exact words

Pardew know's the GK who will start the season in his mind.  We find out on Saturday

It's not important to Pardew to sign anyone (talking specifically about strikers here) with Premiership experience

Hopefully the Prem will bring a smile back to everyones face this weekend (in reference to London)

"Of course."

Shane Ferguson could definitely do a job at left back, but Arsenal is too early for him.  First day back in training today

"Only the one injury at the moment.  That's Ben Arfa.  I still think he's 5 or 6 weeks away if I'm honest"

"Physically, we're better than we were last year.  My staff, I and the players are ready."

I wonder if Barton has had a contract put in front of him. He's likely been told his selection in the team is dependant upon signing it. I think he could be the difference tomorrow looking at Arsenals squad.

1- 5 with 3 of the Arse goals coming from their right wing in the first 15 minutes where Ryan Taylor / James Perch have been put in to plug the gap and subsequently bummed in the face.

Lovenkrands with a consolation goal late in the game.

I'm not even sure whether I'm  :troll: ing or giving an honest prediction either, but can't see it being pretty tomorrow.

Better than last year when he wasn't here?

They do archive results from tests etc you know, and they do have staff that worked there before he arrived.  :crazy2:

I hate it when managers do that because he is indirectly criticising the former manager and coaching staff.  At least last year, the players had a decent pre-season and got enough game time unlike this disaster of a pre-season.

"Sure" - exact words

"Of course."

I wonder if Barton has had a contract put in front of him. He's likely been told his selection in the team is dependant upon signing it. I think he could be the difference tomorrow looking at Arsenals squad.

That's what it sounds like and McKay was apparently pissed in Jesmond on saturday night and telling all and sundry that they were meeting the club to sign a new contract this week. (The one he was offered in january).