Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Aly Cissokho reveals his desire to leave Lyon and eyes Premier League move

The France international confirmed that he would like to move to England, with Newcastle mooted as a possible destination, but affirmed that there has been nothing concrete yet

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/01/02/2827080/aly-cissokho-reveals-his-desire-to-leave-lyon-and-eyes

Cissokho cools Toon talk

Magpies are yet to contact defender

By Patrick Haond.  Last Updated: January 2, 2012 1:31pm

Reported Newcastle target Aly Cissokho has denied receiving any concrete interest in his services after being linked with a move away from Lyon.

The full-back is believed to have caught the attention of several English sides, with the Magpies thought to be frontrunners for his signature.

Cash-strapped Lyon could be forced to part ways with the 24-year-old, who is contracted until 2014, if a substantial offer comes in.

But Cissokho insists there has been no firm interest and is not listening to the rumours.

Nothing concrete

The one-time France international told L'Equipe: "There is nothing concrete so far.

"I will talk with the technical staff this week. Since the last transfer market there have been a lot of rumours, but I haven't taken any notice."

Cissokho was also linked with a summer move to St James' Park but insists he was not disappointed when a deal failed to materialise.

Asked if he regretted missing out on joining the Toon, he replied: "No, why should I? I am happy to be here.

"I am in the starting XI of a club that plays in the Champions League, with a coach that trusts me. I am not in a situation where I don't play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7406389/Cissokho-cools-Toon-talk

Hardly sounds desperate to get away. Too expensive then. :lol:

Everyone is to expensive for us, the idea of not signing a striker as everyone knows we need one so prices will go up is crazy.. When we are desperate for a CB & LB and will have the same price issue.

Be daft to leave Lyon unless he's pushed or guarenteed an upwards move IMO. Lyon have a very favourable draw in the CL (APOEL) and are still within a shout of the title, abeit it's unlikely that PSG will not further strengthen in Jan. Given that it's unlikely that his suitors will be put off 'til the summer.

One of the best if not the best LB in Ligue 1. Would be a fantastic signing for us.

Benoit Tremoulinas is the best for me. Great crosser of the ball.

andybrassell Andy Brassell

L'Equipe claims today that Arsenal interest in Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho developing, with €10m deal a possibility.

andybrassell Andy Brassell

Says Cissokho's agent & Lyon board may meet later today. Newcastle & Dortmund already enquired but put off by price.