Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Don't care but this game of brinkmanship only has only a week to go

Yes and we only win the brinkmanship if the other clubs are desperate to sell, some dont appear to be which is the worry.

We got Ben afra for less though. So why not try to get a player when the club want to sell him (and you told him so) for a price you are willing to pay?

Guest Heneage

Fair price imo.

Don't really agree, but say it was fair, it still wouldn't be enough under actual circumstances. As midds said: Sometimes you have to pay the price.

I'm just basing it on what I think he's worth. I'm not factoring in our situation at all.

Seems to me that we're just waiting to see who of Lyon and PSV bites first.

If one of them does, of course...

I think Pieters was first-choice, Cissokho's agent has probably been at Carr saying he'd join, we've stalled on the Pieters one trying to see if we can get Cissokho for the same price or similar, if not, back to Pieters it is.

It's nice to hear that these three (Cissokho, Maiga and Pieters) are all desperate to come, if nothing else. Gives us a lot of negotiating power.

Can see both going right down to the wire and amazingly I do still think we'll end up with a decent left-back and a decent striker by the end of the window.

Obviously I'd prefer it if it was done and dusted already, and this has been a tortuous few weeks in terms of deals, but I think I can just about hold out if it eventually gets done.

Seems to me that we're just waiting to see which of Lyon and PSV bites first.

If one of them does, of course...

Yup. We'll have our set maximums for both & I imagine we'll be working our way up (possibly rightfully) through a load of derisory offers first before we get to these to see if they crack.

It's nice to hear that these three (Cissokho, Maiga and Pieters) are all desperate to come, if nothing else. Gives us a lot of negotiating power.

Can see both going right down to the wire and amazingly I do still think we'll end up with a decent left-back and a decent striker by the end of the window.

Obviously I'd prefer it if it was done and dusted already, and this has been a tortuous few weeks in terms of deals, but I think I can just about hold out if it eventually gets done.

Double-edged sword though, as it means we'll risk not signing them just to save a few quid.