Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Guest VaVaVoom

Would love it if we got this lad in. Get him in for 8mil and let Simpson go for 3mil and its not a bad bit of business.

Thats one less we'd need to bring in in the summer therefore go out and get that quality striker NOW!

Cissokho, De Jong and Tomkins and it would be a fuckin awesome window. Dreaming like.

We're doing that thing.

NUFC: "You want £8m?  Here, have £4m"

Lyon: "£8m, nothing less."

NUFC: "£6m."

Lyon: "£8m"

NUFC: "£7.5m"

Lyon: "Okay, fair enough."

NUFC: "Actually, we're not interested.  But that was fun, wasn't it?"

:lol:

Would have been reasonably happy just to get to the end of the window without losing anyone (think we need a backup prospect CB but not a big name one, as I am perfectly happy with Colo, Saylor and Williamson being our main ones and thus understand not going for Samba, Alex etc) but now just starting to want us to get someone over the line, same old transfer window linked with people, don't offer enough and then just let it slide.

Maybe we'll get him, dunno.

Just me who wouldn't be in such a rush to f*** Simpson off? I mean I doubt he'd sign that contact offer and I'd not want him in the side if we had better options but we still need a squad.

Not just you like. I still think Simpson will sign that new contract in the end.

Guest Brendan_Rice

We're doing that thing.

We're doing that thing.

Made me laugh :D

We're doing that thing.

Just me who wouldn't be in such a rush to fuck Simpson off? I mean I doubt he'd sign that contact offer and I'd not want him in the side if we had better options but we still need a squad.

I don't think we are in a rush to fuck him off, all the noises coming out of the press have been about him being close to sigining a new contract. Add to that there's fuck all chance of this move for Cissokho being true so he should be pretty safe.

Guest VaVaVoom

I agree that Simpson is overly maligned and reasonably not too bothered if we fail to replace him. A backup CB who can play RB competently too would be fine by me.

That Mbiwa can play across the back four. Would be my number one defensive target like. Ahead of Tomkins for sure.

I agree that Simpson is overly maligned and reasonably not too bothered if we fail to replace him. A backup CB who can play RB competently too would be fine by me.

That Mbiwa can play across the back four. Would be my number one defensive target like. Ahead of Tomkins for sure.

Montpellier won't sell any of their players this window.

Just me who wouldn't be in such a rush to f*** Simpson off? I mean I doubt he'd sign that contact offer and I'd not want him in the side if we had better options but we still need a squad.

Would have him in the squad, but surely we shouldn't turn down the opportunity to sign better quality fullbacks, just incase he decides he wants to leave?

Would have been reasonably happy just to get to the end of the window without losing anyone (think we need a backup prospect CB but not a big name one, as I am perfectly happy with Colo, Saylor and Williamson being our main ones and thus understand not going for Samba, Alex etc) but now just starting to want us to get someone over the line, same old transfer window linked with people, don't offer enough and then just let it slide.

Maybe we'll get him, dunno.

What ridiculous thinking. If we're going to sign someone they might as well be better than what we have. Until we have the best two centre backs around, we should always be looking to improve, with consideration of other positions of course. When you just try and sit still, its when you get left behind.