Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal - 13/8/11 - post match reaction from p33

Beren

I'm going to defend Barton to the hilt here. He got the yellow he deserved for starting s***. Gervinho got the red he deserved for losing his temper.

Sorry, but Barton is the one who lost his temper. He no onlty initiated the argument, but continued in a physical altercation once both were stood up.

Barton didn't throw the punch.

Raised his hands = sending off offence.

Nah, tis the face part that matters. Push in chest - yellow.

Hmmm - you sure?

Aye. I'm not saying Joey shouldn't have been sent off mind u. It's grey for me, cos I'm not sure what the hauling off the ground part does card-wise.

I would've thought that the hauling up from the deck would constitute raising ones hands?

I'm going to defend Barton to the hilt here. He got the yellow he deserved for starting s***. Gervinho got the red he deserved for losing his temper.

Sorry, but Barton is the one who lost his temper. He no onlty initiated the argument, but continued in a physical altercation once both were stood up.

Barton didn't throw the punch.

Raised his hands = sending off offence.

Nah, tis the face part that matters. Push in chest - yellow.

Hmmm - you sure?

Aye. I'm not saying Joey shouldn't have been sent off mind u. It's grey for me, cos I'm not sure what the hauling off the ground part does card-wise.

I would've thought that the hauling up from the deck would constitute raising ones hands?

Nae face tho