Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

f***ing nervous about this match, we have no new striker, no new LB. f***ing scary s*** going in to the match with no tooth or bite in the strikers department.

We have Shola.

Sholadinho has only slotted one goal (if my memory serves me correct) at SOS in 10 years, that doesn't really help us much does it?

Does when Howard Webb gives you penalties for fouling yourself

I'd go with this lineup:

Krul

Taylor    Wilicini    Simpson

Tiote      Cabaye

Barton                      Jonas

Vuckic

Ba

Certainly nowhere near what we will see though.

I'd go with this lineup:

Krul

Tiote      Cabaye

Vuckic

Ba

Would be our strongest possible line-up, shame we will never see it.

Guest Roger Kint

Why do people think Simpson would be good at LB? He's just a passable RB

More bothered about Taylor at RB after the last time he flopped there tbh

Because he is better than Taylor and Perch, and we don't know if Ferguson is fit.

I honestly don't see he'd be any better than Taylor once he was on the wrong side. He backs off enough on his strong foot

I'd go with this lineup:

Krul

Tiote      Cabaye

Vuckic

Ba

Think it'll be that line up only Obertan for Vuckic and Shola for Ba. Shola simply has to play against them.

I'd snap your hands off for a draw right this second. Need a big performance from whoever is upfront holding the ball up and relieving the pressure as I think we might get overrun in midfield.

I'd snap your hands off for a draw right this second. Need a big performance from whoever is upfront holding the ball up and relieving the pressure as I think we might get overrun in midfield.

Think our midfield will be allright tbh.

Was the first time against Arsenal that all of Barton, Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas played together. They'll know each other better for next Saturday.

Guest hobshobs

Agreed he's a passable right back but people on here think Shola is a striker / footballer. Going with the logic that Shola is a footballer, Simpson becomes a world class full back.

Agreed he's a passable right back but people on here think Shola is a striker / footballer. Going with the logic that Shola is a footballer, Simpson becomes a world class full back.

Who thinks Shola is a footballer like. And I mean a real footballer, not the aww its Shola joke kind :lol:

Guest johnson293

So does everyone think it'll be Ba and/or Shola..... Best not a potential starter alongside/instead of either?

I'm excited at our subs bench. Bearing in mind there were times last season when we had Ranger, Donaldson, Richardson, Soderberg and Ferguson - Saturday can give a bench with 7 from Ba, Best, Vuckic, Gosling, Marveaux, Ferguson, Williamson, R Taylor and Harper.

Leaving Lovenkrands, Smith, Guthrie, Perch and Ranger out of sight :thup:

I'm excited at our subs bench. Bearing in mind there were times last season when we had Ranger, Donaldson, Richardson, Soderberg and Ferguson - Saturday can give a bench with 7 from Ba, Best, Vuckic, Gosling, Marveaux, Ferguson, Williamson, R Taylor and Harper.

Leaving Lovenkrands, Smith, Guthrie, Perch and Ranger out of sight :thup:

Exited about the subs bench! Fair play, does seem better than last season, just a bit worried about the goals source....