Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Shola for Bellamy surely Disco. :lol:

That Bellamy photo is class though. Searched high and low for a pic of the Given save v Sewpa Kev to finish it off but can't find it

EDIT - Shola can be sub.

Guest Recoba

Shola will start.

Probably the only ground where he strikes fear into the locals.  The inbreds are already concerned about Sammy.

Would start Ba too.  The likes of Cabaye and Barton will see more of the ball as mackems aren't Arsenal.  Ba could profit.

Then get Obertan on second half to cause havoc.

They will crumble again.

Got to be a good thing that we have the local lads like Shola, Stevie Taylor, Harper, Carver and Steve Stone in and around the team this week drumming into the new guys what this means.

With the mackems having sold Henderson, they have local lads Bruce, Colback and Laing in there but all are NUFC fans!!

Guest Wearside

Obertan aside our team is no faster than theirs IMO.

Correct. Where this notion comes from that your midfield is some sort of speed merchants is completely beyond me.

Based on the likely midfield line ups.

Elmohamady - Fast

Cattermole - Slow

Gardner/Colback - Slow

Larsson - Slow

Barton - Slow

Tiote - Slow

Cabaye - Slow

Guitterez - Pacey

Doesn't look anything in it to me.

Guest Wearside

If we defend high and all our players are disciplined with the offside trap, then there's no reason why we can't do a 'Barca' against them and just pin them back. Obviously it's at their place so we won't be able to dominate for the whole match, but I see no reason why if we survive the first 15 minutes or so that we can't start to defend higher and higher, increasing the pressure on their midfield and defense. I'd say that they wouldn't be able to hang with us and will have to drop back to defend deeper, and that will benefit us because we'll have more of the ball, but also because it's easy to defend against a team which is slow and thus unable to effectively counter-attack, especially when they have to start from their penalty area. If they were brimming with pace then we'd be torn to shreds on the counter-attack if we defend high, but they're a team that's quite slow so we should be able to handle them.

This plan, of course, depends on Tiote not making silly mistakes when passing and for our defense to have the composure to pass the ball into Cabaye's feet and not bypass him. If we launch the ball up again and again because we're under pressure then they'll be the ones who force us to defend deep. But I'm confident because we have pacy players in our team and the ones who aren't pacy have good technique (Barton and Cabaye).

Speechless, totally speechless.

Dear god.