L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

I am sure I read that Papa Cisse signed a new contract with his club at the beginning of this season - if he did then he will cost more than he would have done in the Summer.

His wages were upped, but the length stayed the same.

I am sure I read that Papa Cisse signed a new contract with his club at the beginning of this season - if he did then he will cost more than he would have done in the Summer.

His wages were upped, but the length stayed the same.

Bad move by his club if true... Unless they managed to insert a greater buy out clause or something...

Wasn't his new contract more a case of making sure he'd stay this season, then letting him leave next summer when they've had more time to find a replacement?

I'd be happy with any of Sow, Do Jong or Cisse, I know less about Maiga but if he's we're keeping an eye on him along with these guys then he must be of a decent quality. Our scouting team has done little to suggest we shouldn't be trusting their judgement as well.

Papiss Cisse would definitely be my choice out of the above;  the German league is more physical than the French so he would take less adapting to the premiership, and he also has a good goalscoring record in both leagues!

All that aside though, one of his middle names is Rodney, so i'm already sold on him!

Personally I don't like Sow that much. His style of play just seems so untidy for some reason. No getting around his impressive goalscoring form last season though. Of the ones we reportedly have listed, I would prefer Cissé or Maiga.

Personally I don't like Sow that much. His style of play just seems so untidy for some reason. No getting around his impressive goalscoring form last season though. Of the ones we reportedly have listed, I would prefer Cissé or Maiga.

Out of all the Lille "stars", his success seems the most a result of the players around him and the attacking style of play. I don't think he is superior to other good Ligue 1 strikers.

Guest twickmag

Gary Jacob in the Times says we have agreed a deal to sign Maiga in January. No fee mentioned, but likely to be less than the £10m Sochaux were holding out for. Player has agreed a 4 1/2 year deal, subject to not being injured before the end of the season.

(no link because it's a pay site)

Gary Jacob in the Times says we have agreed a deal to sign Maiga in January. No fee mentioned, but likely to be less than the £10m Sochaux were holding out for. Player has agreed a 4 1/2 year deal, subject to not being injured before the end of the season.

(no link because it's a pay site)

:thup:

Hope this is true!