L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest johnson293

Have FIFA ever upheld a transfer ban they have imposed?

Genuine question - I remember the one Chelsea were hit with, but it was overturned on appeal.

Just wondered if there was precedence, should it get that far?

Guest johnson293

Wouldn't a transfer ban stop us selling players too? Ashley wouldn't like that...

Ha ha... thought that too!

Btw the Journal today reckons we might move on to other targets now because of the pricetag. :lol: :facepalm:

Would love to know who these new targets are. What a ridiculous situation to be in. Honestly, facepalm indeed, sir.

We so should have bought Shane Long.

:sadnod:

Historically top class championship striker hardly achieve success in the Premiership, compared to top class championship central defenders. Shane Long was shite before last season, and he had had experience in the Premiership already. It is easy with hindsight to say we should have bought shane long, but before the season starts he just did not seem a good bet. Credits to Roy Hodgson for having wonderful foresight, but I think he was luck more than anything else.

Fucking hell Shane Long has got two in two.  He's looked pretty impressive yes, but let's wait until the end of the season before we start crying that we didn't sign him.  Amir Zaki scored a ridiculous amount of goals in his first 10 or so games in this league.  Looked real quality as well, I'm not even sure where he plays his football these days  :lol:

:sadnod:

Historically top class championship striker hardly achieve success in the Premiership, compared to top class championship central defenders. Shane Long was shite before last season, and he had had experience in the Premiership already. It is easy with hindsight to say we should have bought shane long, but before the season starts he just did not seem a good bet. Credits to Roy Hodgson for having wonderful foresight, but I think he was luck more than anything else.

I don't think it was luck. I saw the videos of Long and it was clear he was great at running with the ball. I'll bet he ends up with more goals than Shola who is starting as our no 1 striker at this point.

L'Equipe says they've formally contacted us twice already to ask us to stop contacting their player without their permission and now they've reported us to FIFA.

So, this whole saga has gone well eh?

Chopra got 2 in his first two games for the Mackems in 2007. I still think Long's over-rated and Im glad we didn't get him.

IMO he's underrated if anything. Amazing what you can achieve in this league with pace, hard work and decent finishing.

It is early days though, I think we should have signed him but you're right there's no guarantees.

Guest bimpy474

Only just got in but i'm betting that the term " getting us a transfer ban is just what Ashley wanted" has been used, ahhhh the paranoia.

Only just got in but i'm betting that the term " getting us a transfer ban is just what Ashley wanted" has been used, ahhhh the paranoia.

If it's for the next 10 years than let it be. At least we won't have a chance to sell our great youngsters.

Guest bimpy474

If it's for the next 10 years than let it be. At least we won't have a chance to sell our great youngsters.

Aye :)

Aye :)

The potential punishment would only be a ban on signing new players, we could still sell players.