Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

We are lucky to be still in this game, tbh. We're just about withstanding the pressure.

Its proving very difficult to get our best players on the ball like Barton, Cabaye and Jonas due to the frantic pace being set by sunderland.

And just what sort of role is Obertan supposed to be playing? He's hovering out on the right hand side doing feck all! He should at least be trying to get behind Shola, although our long balls aren't helping!

It's gonna be a very nervy 45mins.

Our defence looks shot without Enrique. Desperately need a left-back, it's ridiculous really.

I know it's early doors, and I'm willing to admit (later) that this may be a bit knee-jerk, but his absence has really thrown off our game IMO. We've lost all comfort on the ball at the back. No more triangles to take the ball out of our defence down the flank with Tiote, Gutierrez, Enrique triangles.

Just looks a bit stale, with limited options when we try that now - when we try at all.

Obertant has to go off..Doesn't track back at all...A lot of space is available behind Sland's defense..So yes, I want Loven on..

Both wings has been poor but Obertan especially.

Probably Ba on for him and Barton on the right.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Obertant has to go off..Doesn't track back at all...A lot of space is available behind Sland's defense..So yes, I want Loven on..

Fuck the fuck off. :lol:

Get over the hand ball lads it's in the past and that's football anyway sh*T like that happens every team. Focus on hoping and praying we can win the 2nd half.

Sure i've seen that sig somewhere.

R.Taylor has been shocking too, a complete liability. Its only a matter of time before that joker does something that costs us a goal. He'll probably get sent off as well.

Clutching at straws here, he's been decent this half. Just as he was against Arsenal. Clearly not a natural left-back but not doing himself a disgrace. He had one play against Arsenal where he sold himself but it didn't cost a goal, he's had one play against the Mackems where he sold himself and it didn't cost a goal.

Much prefer that than having him 'doing a Bramble'

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Get over the hand ball lads it's in the past and that's football anyway sh*T like that happens every team. Focus on hoping and praying we can win the 2nd half.

Sure i've seen that sig somewhere.

Don't tell me some one has stole me sig now. Someone already stole me pic of Newcastle cigarettes with a health warning.

Lovenkrands on for Cabaye apparently. :troll:

Cabaye off isn't a bad thing considering he isn't far away from being sent off.

For Lovenkrands though?

Very bad. :lol:

Lovenkrands playing off Shola with Obertan on the right and Barton in the middle then...

Is it just me imagining it or do the likes of Barton and Tiote look like they are loath to pass it to Simpson and Taylor ® when we're in possession?

I honestly keep seeing them look up and see them open and think "nah, fuck it", then try and turn out to find another option. In fairness, the times they appear to have no other way out and make the pass the fullbacks just hoik it up aimlessly anyway.

It's like when you have shit players on your team at school and you bypass them at every single opportunity.

First half criticisms:

Simpson - frequently caught out of position, getting beaten easily down the right. Bruce has done his homework on him and is having Coleman run in behind.

S.Taylor - some pathetic attempts at dealing with high balls.

Tiote - having a bit of a mare. Wants too much time on the ball.

Obertan - looks half a yard off the pace compared to last week.

Ameobi - as per usual, completely switched off upstairs. Letting the ball run out of play whilst under no pressure, standing in offside positions, reacting about 3 seconds too late to any attempts of playing him through on goal.