Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

I didn't think Tiote had a bad game tbh. :dontknow: Few wayward passes which had me heart in me mouth, but i thought he was solid in the engine room and kept us ticking over pretty well. It's not pretty at the moment, but i do think there's potential in the Barton-Cabaye-Tiote triumvirate, certainly away from home. So much tenacity and steel.

Same. I think our biggest problem, quel surprise, is that we haven't had a pre-season together. 2 clean sheets in two of our 'biggest' games of the season with 4 points is a fantastic start - gives us a great platform to build on.

Now, if only Pardew wasn't so shit...

We certainly didn't play poorly. We lacked a bit of cohesion in the first and they definitely had the better of it. I'd honestly go as far to say that we deserved to win... i said at HT, they're wasting their chances. We took ours and won. That's what it's all about.

Great stuff.

I think you'd have to say that a narrow win for us was a fair result.  On the balance of play they deserved a draw perhaps but you can't ignore that they should have been a man down and us probably a goal up after 15 minutes, and that we were hardly in danger in the last half hour when defending our lead.

I didn't think Tiote had a bad game tbh. :dontknow: Few wayward passes which had me heart in me mouth, but i thought he was solid in the engine room and kept us ticking over pretty well. It's not pretty at the moment, but i do think there's potential in the Barton-Cabaye-Tiote triumvirate, certainly away from home. So much tenacity and steel.

Same. I think our biggest problem, quel surprise, is that we haven't had a pre-season together. 2 clean sheets in two of our 'biggest' games of the season with 4 points is a fantastic start - gives us a great platform to build on.

Now, if only Pardew wasn't so shit...

:thup:

Considering our absolute joke of a pre-season, it's an absolutely tremendous start.

can't believe this on RTG about Cattermole:

Commentary comment - "He always plays on the edge"

Great performance today. Needs a really good ref to enable him to play.

definition of a nothing player. very weak mentally and goes to pieces against us. remember this is the lad who openly cried on the pitch cos Boro lost against Arsenal. has fuck all to his game but attacking opposition players. laughable, pathetic scrote.

Thought he played well first half but should definitely have walked in the second when he returned to being just a dirty bastard.

Was rather disappointed with the subs mind. Wanted to see Ba and Marvaeux.

Was personally happy with the subs since we'd held out until 80 mins and needed to close it out, although I'd have liked to have seen Ba for Ameobi at the same point because Ameobi must have been knackered.

close game but with my black and white glasses on i'm saying we deserved it (stone wall pen). they threatened but never massively and their closest chances were from distance, if that makes sense. i thought we were very strong in the centre of defence, wtf is wrong with tiote btw?

he looks overweight and unfit to me.

Much better second half. Just needs games.