Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Apparently the forum is split between people who think Colo was great and who think he was terrible. Interesting.

I'm dumbfounded as to how there can be any debate; he was one of your best players, if not the best.

Apparently the forum is split between people who think Colo was great and who think he was terrible. Interesting.

I'm dumbfounded as to how there can be any debate; he was one of your best players, if not the best.

Agreed. Also, I have difficulty picturing a game where Colo is "terrible" and we keep a clean sheet.

Did anyone say he was terrible?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did anyone say he was terrible?

Afar.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=619380

I'm just lost in words when reading through this thread.

Half of them harking back to 'the good old days'..... That still would have been a f***ing red man you twats

If you launch into a player and punch him in the face, you dont get away without a red just because you win the ball...winning the ball does not validate a wreckless lunch like that, if excessive force is used. Clueless! Genuinely annoys me when people say "well he got the ball", ive seen Barton pull challenges like that himself mind last season...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=619380

I'm just lost in words when reading through this thread.

Half of them harking back to 'the good old days'..... That still would have been a f***ing red man you twats

If you launch into a player and punch him in the face, you dont get away without a red just because you win the ball...winning the ball does not validate a wreckless lunch like that, if excessive force is used. Clueless! Genuinely annoys me when people say "well he got the ball", ive seen Barton pull challenges like that himself mind last season...

Exactly, getting the ball isn't and excuse to his someone above the ankle on your reckless follow through

By the same token, how on Earth could anyone give Shola a lower rating than Obertan? (More than one person in fact.)

People see it differently, people know fuck all, etc.

Shola was a bit rubbish like.

FUCKING WIN!

:celb:

Just finished watching my recording. Man it was tense turning off my cell phone for 6 hours in case anyone texted me the match result. :lol:

You should have ditched the lass and come to Daejeon man, was just me and a bottle of whiskey. Still fucking class though.

Gyan sat behind me in malmason,  got our drinks and i  cheered to newcastle lol,  gyans lass starts sarcasicly claps lol

You should be shaking his hand, he was w***. :lol:

Aye get giving him a cuddle. Wonder why he's not out in Sunderland...  :shifty:

FUCKING WIN!

Just finished watching my recording. Man it was tense turning off my cell phone for 6 hours in case anyone texted me the match result. :lol:

You should have ditched the lass and come to Daejeon man, was just me and a bottle of whiskey. Still fucking class though.

:lol:

That was exactly the same way I watched the match.

By the same token, how on Earth could anyone give Shola a lower rating than Obertan? (More than one person in fact.)

People see it differently, people know fuck all, etc.

Shola was a bit rubbish like.

I thought it was a typical Ameobi performance, if not slightly better than normal given a bit more effort on his part. Didn't have much support, won plenty in the air, defended strongly from set-pieces, basically did his job. Still had Shola moments but a lot of his play was good, as it was last weekend.

Obertan was comfortably worse. Clumsy in possession himself, poor decision making, quite lazy in the defensive aspect (although did well on a couple of defensive set-pieces as well) and just not any kind of threat to Richardson, who is piss-poor and was ripe for the taking. He was massively disappointing.

Could just all be about expectations though, because I had high hopes for Obertan after last week. Whereas with Shola I'm pleasantly surprised when he moves around a bit and has a good first touch now and then.

FUCKING WIN!

:lol:

That was exactly the same way I watched the match.

I beat the shit out of one of my couches when we scored.

Mr Mojo couldn't make it out for the game either, seems he subsequently got himself banned. :lol:

How was the concert anyway? Pretty shite I'd guess, given what I've seen of your music scene in Korea. :lol: