Newcastle vs Fulham - 28/08/11 at 1:00pm (Not on TV)

Fatwax

Guest Rey Mysterio

I'd personally have a crack at:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  R.Taylor

Marveaux  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Vuckic

Best

Snazzy team is that, if Best can't back up from 120 minutes last night then Shola in for him. Same applies to Marveux & Obertan.

I think Best deserves a start in the prem. a few good headers and nice litte link ups and flick ons (thinking of the mid air back heel for lovenkrands chance) plus had a perfectly good goal chaulked off. Yes he missed a few chances (like the half-volley that flew over the bar) but show me someone who would say shola would have buried that and i will show you a lier. If it was shola it would be expected to miss but best i was surprised he didnt bury it. He's overall movement is just so much better than shola's and he actually takes the ball down and links the play alot compared to shola's flicking it on to no-one.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  R.Taylor

Barton?/  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Marveaux

Sameobi

Gola/Best

Obertan/Gosling or prefferably Mehdi in if Barton leaves and Marveaux hasn't recovered.  We started Arsenal, Sunderland and Scunthorpe games offering next to nothing going forward and have ridden our luck at times. Although we have looked fairly solid defensively we need to offer something offensively now. The second Half of the Scunthorpe game is the best i have seen us so far especially when Sameobi took the field we need alot more creativity in the absence of Ben Arfa.

Harper, Ferguson, Obertan, Vuckik, Gosling, Mehdi, Best/Gola

After a Star Striker and LB we need another back up CB and then a better RB.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan    Cabaye  Tiote    Jonas

Best      Ameobi

2-1 win.

Krul

Simpson Taylor  Colo Raylor

Marveaux  Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Vuckic

Ameobi.

That would do for me,  expecting Pardew to play something similar with Obertan in place of Vuckic.

Have to play best for me. Only guy who actually looked even close to scoring in open play, which tends to be useful in football matches.

As good as the others are at running with the ball and all.

How many times man - Marveaux doesn't play on the right.  :razz:

He surely *could* be tried there though? At some point?

Would be amazed if he started on Sunday, after playing 120 minutes. Back to Obertan methinks.

Best we can hope for is 0-0.

Why?  :undecided:

We have not got the players to break down what will be a very defensive minded Fulham team.

Why will they be very defensive-minded?

Because of there poor away record, plus they set up to play ahainst Wolves, and where well beaten, no chance they will come out at us. Let's be honest anyway, without Barton, Ben Arfa and our awful strike force, we are not exactly bursting with creative force and goals.