Joey Barton's Replacement

aussiemag

I will miss Barton. I find it bizarre that we get rid at the time he was at his best for us. He has been a bigger cunt in the past with us and had an arm round him from the club. His twitter and bits and bobs on the pitch of late are not really much to speak of.

The thing about Barton is I truly believe he COULD have been very good. Maybe not as good as a Gerrard/Lampard, but certainly a useful player to a decent side or even England. It will never happen now as too much water under the bridge, but I do wonder what he could have done if he left us and went to say Everton instead of QPR.

Will we replace him? - I sense not. I would love someone younger, faster and who can cross as well but that's so easy to say. How long is Lua Lua's loan for? he would be useful right now to be a part of the squad fighting for that right wing slot.

What about Cabaye & Marveaux then.

They both look like they could turn out to be decent players, I'm not sure either has been better than Barton yet.

On the upside, neither have been anywhere near as bad as him yet either.

Getting stuck in prison etc etc.

He's not in prison now and we need to replace him now.  The fact that he's been poor in the past for whatever reason should have nothing to do with how he's replaced now, recently he's been one of our best players.  He's been one of our best players for over a season so it's not a flash in the pan.

Getting stuck in prison etc etc.

He's not in prison now and we need to replace him now.  The fact that he's been poor in the past for whatever reason should have nothing to do with how he's replaced now, recently he's been one of our best players.  He's been one of our best players for over a season so it's not a flash in the pan.

I haven't seen that "best player" since Carroll left which is a long time ago. He's been fairly mediocre since then. The main issue for me isn't letting him go, it's getting in a decent replacement who will offer more in a wide position than Barton did. Barnetta would have been ideal but that looks like it's not going to happen now.

We're okay in midfield. Let's get a new right back.

Really? Who do we play in Right Midfield?

Jonas? Obertan?

Jonas is best on the left and Obertan can't play on the right

We are risking it by putting players who have either hardly played there or are not very good there

big opportunity now to go out and get a big talent to help lift us to the next level. A Barnetta, a Shaqiri, or, before he went to Villa, N'Zogbia. that sort of level.

No excuses, no talk, it's now time to go out and act. come on mike, derek, graham, lee and alan.

big opportunity now to go out and get a big talent to help lift us to the next level. A Barnetta, a Shaqiri, or, before he went to Villa, N'Zogbia. that sort of level.

No excuses, no talk, it's now time to go out and act. come on mike, derek, graham, lee and alan.

Really, really can't see it. Left back probably, forward possibly, anything else I just can't see.

Except development players.

Really, really can't see it. Left back probably, forward possibly, anything else I just can't see.

Can't see it either. If at this point we get a LB I'll be pleased, and if we get a CF as well I'll be blown away.

Can't see it either. If at this point we get a LB I'll be pleased, and if we get a CF as well I'll be blown away.

Pleased with only a left back? I know it doesn't look good, but to be pleased with only one player coming in, is taking it way too far.

as i said, not the time for waffle, excuses or downplaying what needs to be done. swift, decisive action is needed now. need 3 players in and that's a minimum. we were pissed off last week and guess what? we're weaker now than we were then when we had Barton to call on. that's unacceptable.

This is not what you said only a few weeks ago if I remember correctly (you would be pissed off if we didn't get a striker in before the end of the transfer window, but there was still time, or words to that effect). You are lowering your expectations from an already sub zero point. It seems the worse our predicament gets, the easier to please you become..?