Nolan Roux

Optimistic Nut

I'd go with the school of thought that whilst this lad might have potential, we need someone proven in. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen and we'll more than likely end up with another Kuqi type signing on deadline day. The transfer of Pieters seems to be taking a long time to sort as well. Poor from NUFC once again.

Such as?

I'd go with the school of thought that whilst this lad might have potential, we need someone proven in. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen and we'll more than likely end up with another Kuqi type signing on deadline day. The transfer of Pieters seems to be taking a long time to sort as well. Poor from NUFC once again.

Aye.

We simply won't shell out for a proven goalscorer, despite having the financial clout from the Carroll sale that everyone assured me would see him easily replaced. The closest we (allegedly) came to getting one was Gameiro I guess. As usual we prioritised the cash over the needs of the team.

Such as?

Michael Owen

:troll:

Aye.

We simply won't shell out for a proven goalscorer, despite having the financial clout from the Carroll sale that everyone assured me would see him easily replaced. The closest we (allegedly) came to getting one was Gameiro I guess. As usual we prioritised the cash over the needs of the team.

Yup. Which is a disgrace. They've taken the piss, yet again.

Plenty of "reports" but fk all signings

*sigh*

The smokescreen's in full effect. Just hope i'm wrong

Well its the norm aint it, loads of links but no actual deals completed... why wou;d you be wrong?

Out of interest, what proven goalscorer would people liked us to have signed? I assume proven means in the prem?

There's pretty much nee fucker that fits the description, who is affordable, and would come here. Think people just say shit for the sake of saying shit tbh

Out of interest, what proven goalscorer would people liked us to have signed? I assume proven means in the prem?

There's pretty much nee fucker that fits the description, who is affordable, and would come here. Think people just say shit for the sake of saying shit tbh

That's why selling Carroll was such a wank idea, it's not rocket science. The question is better directed at the people on here who repeatedly said we'd EASILY replace Carroll with a better striker with that money. Or maybe Graham Carr.

Proven in any top flight league would be a start.

Guest Heneage

There's pretty much nee f***er that fits the description, who is affordable, and would come here. Think people just say s*** for the sake of saying s*** tbh

That's why selling Carroll was such a w*** idea, it's not rocket science. The question is better directed at the people on here who repeatedly said we'd EASILY replace Carroll with a better striker with that money. Or maybe Graham Carr.

Who said we'd easily replace him?

There's pretty much nee f***er that fits the description, who is affordable, and would come here. Think people just say s*** for the sake of saying s*** tbh

That's why selling Carroll was such a w*** idea, it's not rocket science. The question is better directed at the people on here who repeatedly said we'd EASILY replace Carroll with a better striker with that money. Or maybe Graham Carr.

On footballing grounds, I don't think anyone agreed or was happy with selling Carroll!! The only argument pro the sale was the fee. Nothing else about the sale was a good thing. But now, people piss and moan whether it's Roux we're linked with, or Defoe/Crouch.

I think people are saying that this guy's hugely unproven at any level, rather than having gripes with him not having played in the Premier League.

I think this is a great type of signing for us to be making in general, but not someone to hang your hat on (this is becoming my most over-used phrase with NUFC, given our willingness to presume that players with recent injury problems are going to come straight into our team, stay fit, perform well and fill the 'goals gap' left by the likes of Nolan and Carroll).

If we get this guy then a lot of the reservations I have about where the goals will come from this year will remain tbh.  I'd be a bit more confident if it was someone who'd been banging in the goals for the last few seasons, whichever league they were in.  And don't start going on about Ba. :lol:

Ba is a proven goalscorer in a top flight league as well as a good record in this one :dontknow:

in the same vein as what i refer to as the 'Nolan and Barton argument' if he's so proven and so reliable, why were we the best club in for him on a free?

Well it's true isn't it? If he cost £15m he would probably have been given more than 105 minutes to prove his worth though.

Would he fuck. :lol:

It'd just be a different set of people moaning. :razz: