Nolan Roux

Optimistic Nut

If we don't sign anyone we've managed to unsettle quite a few players with our 'shadow boxing'.

Impressive.

would be if they were rivals like, imagine if we had done this to the likes of Bent, Saha and Walters? mayhem... (was struggling with the last one, this league is pants...)

Guest Recoba

Gameiro

Gervinho

Erding

Maiga

Roux

Seems to be our list of preferred targets based on how we appear to have made bids.  Really odd that we have exclusively targetted Ligue 1 for a striker.

Gameiro

Gervinho

Erding

Maiga

Roux

Seems to be our list of preferred targets based on how we appear to have made bids.  Really odd that we have exclusively targetted Ligue 1 for a striker.

Could only afford to send the scouts on the Eurostar, Easyjet had a one off special price to Amsterdam in February so we made the most of that.

You think this is a joke.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He looks fitter in this photo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Nolan_Roux.jpg

Gay as a handbag full of rainbows.

Guest Recoba

Based on Tiote and now Pieters it seems we are at least aware of the Eredivisie too.

Roux seems an interesting prospect but unsure how he is a better signing than say Shane Long.  Seems very risky.

Also Roux and Maiga look like very different players and at different stages of development.  Although I have seen nothing bar clips and reports of either.  Roux is more of a gamble but also more exciting, wheras I imagine Maiga would make an immediate contribution but probably has less development in him.

Whoever was joking about us making our way down the French top scorers charts, exactly how many of these have we been linked with?

Player Team Goals

1 Moussa Sow Lille 25

2 Kevin Gameiro Lorient 22

3 Lisandro López Lyon 17

Grégory Pujol Valenciennes 17

Youssef El Arabi Caen 17

6 Loïc Remy Marseille 16

7 Modibo Maíga Sochaux 15

Brown Ideye Sochaux 15

9 Anderson Luiz de Carvalho Nene Paris Saint-Germain 14

Gervinho Lille 14

11 Dimitri Payet St Etienne 13

12 Olivier Giroud Montpellier 12

13 Park Chu-Young AS Monaco 11

Andre Ayew Marseille 11

15 Bafetimbi Gomis Lyon 10

Anthony Modeste Bordeaux 10

17 Bruno Grougi Brest 9

Gaël Danic Valenciennes 9

Guillaume Hoarau Paris Saint-Germain 9

Victor Hugo Montano Stade Rennes 9

Romain Hamouma Caen 9

22 Lucho González Marseille 8

Andre-Pierre Gignac Marseille 8

Youssouf Hadji AS Nancy Lorraine 8

Mevlut Erding Paris Saint-Germain 8

Eric Mouloungui Nice 8

Emmanuel Riviere St Etienne 8

Ryad Boudebouz Sochaux 8

The one I'm looking at doesn't go further down then that so La Roux ain't on there, but still.

Guest mimifrench

@ Fenham mag : Brest's president said this evening to canal + that he was not sure that Roux will still be a Brest player in the 31st of August...

Nolan Roux is a good player and wanted to leave Brest to join Schalke O4 this summer but it didn't happen...

He is different from Maiga : i'll say more tecnical than him but a little "lightweight" for the premier league.

Sorry but i can't help you more on him because i don't see him play very much. Last year, his club was promoted in L1.

All i can say that he was very good for his first season, good tecnic, ability, scored goals... but sadly he got injured quite a long time by Heinze.

It could be a great signing for you, you should clearly go for him.

Gameiro

Gervinho

Erding

Maiga

Roux

Seems to be our list of preferred targets based on how we appear to have made bids.  Really odd that we have exclusively targetted Ligue 1 for a striker.

It's considered to bethe closest to the Prem isn't it?

@ Fenham mag : Brest's president said this evening to canal + that he was not sure that Roux will still be a Brest player in the 31st of August...

Nolan Roux is a good player and wanted to leave Brest to join Schalke O4 this summer but it didn't happen...

He is different from Maiga : i'll say more tecnical than him but a little "lightweight" for the premier league.

Sorry but i can't help you more on him because i don't see him play very much. Last year, his club was promoted in L1.

All i can say that he was very good for his first season, good tecnic, ability, scored goals... but sadly he got injured quite a long time by Heinze.

Thanks.

Gameiro

Gervinho

Erding

Maiga

Roux

It's considered to bethe closest to the Prem isn't it?

Apart from the SPL.

Good lad, mimi.