Nolan Roux

Optimistic Nut

I would be wary of getting my hopes up until one of these players at least flies in for a medical. It looks like we are pressing home a deal but we've been here before on deadline day.

I would be wary of getting my hopes up until one of these players at least flies in for a medical. It looks like we are pressing home a deal but we've been here before on deadline day.

http://f.bandcamp.com/z/27/78/2778273525-1.jpg

Posted it in another thread, but more fitting here -

About Nolan Roux:

Matt Spiro – Writer and broadcaster for Ligue1.com

* Nolan Roux is 23, great potential. Scored 15 goals to get Brest up, only 6 in debut top flight year but had injury. I’d guess €6-8m.

* I had pleasure of commentating on Roux’s goal in the Brittany derby vs Rennes. Pure class.

James Eastham – French football scout and betting expert

* If they can get him for £7-8m it would be a bargain. Outstanding prospect.

* He has a fantastic attitude, great movement, workrate and much, much more than a goalscorer. A potential French international.

* He’s right-footed but decent on both sides, I can see him playing wide as well as through the middle.

Jonathan Johnson – Writer for Sky Sports and French Football Weekly

* Hot prospect. 23 yr old striker, 6 goals, 3 assists in 28 games. A former Lens youth player. Possesses great speed and positioning.

* Superb performance for U-21′s in his only match for them v Croatia.

* Son of Bruno Roux, 15 goals/5 assists in Ligue 2,strong player will adapt to Premier League, unfinished article, versatile-striker or winger

Anyone who tells me I should just shut the fuck up because I've never seen him play is 100% correct btw.  Probably won't shut up though.

Pretty sure he's not going to sign.

So negative! :tickedoff:

I have to say, the whole situation reminds me of Xisco too for no real reason. I didn't want to say, then Midds mentioned it and now Interpolic so both have given me the confidence to finally come out.

I'm really not being negative at all and that Rennes goal is sexy as fuck, but, erm, this reminds me of Xisco a bit.  Hope it's nothing like it.

Cos they both look relatively gay? :lol:

:lol: Tbh yes, that's a 1 of a handful of reasons.

The goalscoring record isn't that much of a concern for me. Obviously it'd be nice if he scored a few more but he was playing for one of the weakest teams in the league and his game doesn't seem to just be based around goals. We need someone who'll work the channels and drop deep to get the ball, give our defense and midfield an option other than just fucking launching it. A player like that makes the whole team around him better, even if he doesn't score a huge amount of goals.

Bellamy never managed double figures for us in Premiership season, for example, but he was our most important player most of his time here.

I dunno why I think it either but there are similarities - young, unestablished striker who has only scored a handful of goals in a foreign league, similar fee, involves us scrambling around at the end of the transfer window when we've in theory got money in our pocket due to recent sales, looks gay.

I'd go with the school of thought that whilst this lad might have potential, we need someone proven in. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen and we'll more than likely end up with another Kuqi type signing on deadline day. The transfer of Pieters seems to be taking a long time to sort as well. Poor from NUFC once again.

I'd go with the school of thought that whilst this lad might have potential, we need someone proven in. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen and we'll more than likely end up with another Kuqi type signing on deadline day. The transfer of Pieters seems to be taking a long time to sort as well. Poor from NUFC once again.

Aye.

Posted it in another thread, but more fitting here -

About Nolan Roux:

Matt Spiro – Writer and broadcaster for Ligue1.com

* Nolan Roux is 23, great potential. Scored 15 goals to get Brest up, only 6 in debut top flight year but had injury. I’d guess €6-8m.

* I had pleasure of commentating on Roux’s goal in the Brittany derby vs Rennes. Pure class.

James Eastham – French football scout and betting expert

* If they can get him for £7-8m it would be a bargain. Outstanding prospect.

* He has a fantastic attitude, great movement, workrate and much, much more than a goalscorer. A potential French international.

* He’s right-footed but decent on both sides, I can see him playing wide as well as through the middle.

Jonathan Johnson – Writer for Sky Sports and French Football Weekly

* Hot prospect. 23 yr old striker, 6 goals, 3 assists in 28 games. A former Lens youth player. Possesses great speed and positioning.

* Superb performance for U-21′s in his only match for them v Croatia.

* Son of Bruno Roux, 15 goals/5 assists in Ligue 2,strong player will adapt to Premier League, unfinished article, versatile-striker or winger

I'm sold. Sign him.