Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

This does seem like a pretty amazing signing and fair play to all involved getting a good replacement for Jose when tbh a lot of us were expecting someone like Bridge.

20 years old.

Champions league experience.

Winning Serie A.

Playing for a big European club.

Versatile.

Played for Italy at all youth levels and 7 caps already for the full side.

Also a bit of extra height to the side.

Pretty bloody impressive coup if you ask me.

:nods:

Did he get a Champions League winner's medal when they won it?! :frantic:

Means nowt man, Stephane Gui'varch had a World Cup winners medal and he was worse than the apocalypse.

Gui'varch man :lol:

This does seem like a pretty amazing signing and fair play to all involved getting a good replacement for Jose when tbh a lot of us were expecting someone like Bridge.

20 years old.

Winning Serie A.

Versatile.

Means nowt man, Stephane Gui'varch had a World Cup winners medal and he was worse than the apocalypse.

Guivarc'h, tbh.

20 years old.

Winning Serie A.

Versatile.

Guivarc'h, tbh.

G'u'i'v'a'r'c'h?

20 years old.

Winning Serie A.

Versatile.

Guivarc'h, tbh.

G'u'i'v'a'r'c'h?

'N'a'r'.

If this lad had continued developing at the rate he was, untroubled, we wouldnt be signing him for £5mil...just like Ben Arfa's attitude, there isa  reason we are able to get him and for so cheap, and that is his recent stunted development...personally, i think this is an amazing signing for any club outside of European football, and even Europa League/Champions League teams apart from the very very top 2 or 3 would be ecstatic for that price. I cant see a negative tbh...depends on his wages ofcourse but even if he was poor for us, can you see us not recouping the outlay unless it got down to the last year of his contract? win-win tbh...

jinxed us...

Asked a lad I studied in Spain with who's a huge Italian football fan and supports Cagliari on Facebook what he knew about him, (He's from there), and he said....

"Hi Chris, I'm well and you? Yes I've just seen that Santon will be a Newcastle player, it is good. When he was 18 he became a regular in the league and Mourinho always said he was a good player. In the same year he began to play for the national side, and then he got injured, but I think he'll now start to play well again like he did with Mourinho".

Get PVA in and play Santon on the right. We need full backs who can attack.

i was never to convinved with PVA. also it's not so much that we need full backs who can attack but are comfortable in possession aswell as being strong and able defensivly.

:thup:

While I'm delighted with Santon and hopeful he will prove to be really good for us, he's going to have to go some to match the level Enrique has been playing at for the past two seasons. I can't complain too much if that's our business done at full-back, but I did have hopes of improving on the right-back area this summer.

Play Santon on the right and Ferguson on the left.

Asked a lad I studied in Spain with who's a huge Italian football fan and supports Cagliari on Facebook what he knew about him, (He's from there), and he said....

"Hi Chris, I'm well and you? Yes I've just seen that Santon will be a Newcastle player, it is good. When he was 18 he became a regular in the league and Mourinho always said he was a good player. In the same year he began to play for the national side, and then he got injured, but I think he'll now start to play well again like he did with Mourinho".

The inside track eh?