Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

When I think of Santon the only games I think of him starting in are:

5-3 v.s Swansea ressies

3-4 v.s Blackburn (CC)

0-4 v.s Everton ressies

2-4 v.s Norwich

:lol:

That's down to playing weaker squads in general in those (first team) matches. Perch at centre back is a main stay.

And Dr. Venkman -"Santon is never a left back". Personally wouldn't put it like that, but in any case, he's a hell of a lot better than Raylor.

I agree, I think he'll be effective at left back but  better suited to right back.

he's clearly right footed but comfortable on the ball, emergency left back yes, permanent one no.

He's a right back.

Don't know what the fuck you cunts are on but his natural position is as a striker, was prolific there at St Mario's Catholic School under tens side. Until Pardew stops playing him out of position and sticks him up front I'm done with this shower.

Don't know what the fuck you cunts are on but his natural position is as a striker, was prolific there at St Mario's Catholic School under tens side. Until Pardew stops playing him out of position and sticks him up front I'm done with this shower.

You know he was converted to a striker from his 3rd natural position (behind RM and CM) of CD, right? Learn your shit, ffs.

Don't know what the f*** you c***s are on but his natural position is as a striker, was prolific there at St Mario's Catholic School under tens side. Until Pardew stops playing him out of position and sticks him up front I'm done with this shower.

You know he was converted to a striker from his 3rd natural position (behind RM and CM) of CD, right? Learn your s***, ffs.

:okay:

Guest Ibracadabra

I'm an inter fan, he has never played cb.

Also, he is done, both knees are dodgy for such a young man which is a great shame because he was one hell of a player

Why would an Inter fan have a Milan player as their username. Only excuse is if you are Swedish.

I have zlatan as my username because he is my favourite player and he done ALOT for inter milan, his sale allowed us to win the treble after all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

When I think of Santon the only games I think of him starting in are:

5-3 v.s Swansea ressies

3-4 v.s Blackburn (CC)

0-4 v.s Everton ressies

2-4 v.s Norwich

:lol:

That's down to playing weaker squads in general in those (first team) matches. Perch at centre back is a main stay.

And Dr. Venkman -"Santon is never a left back". Personally wouldn't put it like that, but in any case, he's a hell of a lot better than Raylor.

I agree, I think he'll be effective at left back but  better suited to right back.

he's clearly right footed but comfortable on the ball, emergency left back yes, permanent one no.

He's a right back.

:aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye some of the best left backs are right footed! It doesn't really matter.

Phillip Lahm being the contemporary example, Maldini, Irwin etc etc

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's naturally right footed mate, good with his left but had to compensate for a lot of years.

His Dad was the same (though not at right back, both European cup winners for Milan too  :aww:

Guest Heneage

I'm convinced he was ambidextrous, like.

Anyway, he was so bloody good with both feet it didn't matter, was my point.

He may have  seemed it but he was a right footer. Fantastic defender.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They retired his number at Milan same as Baresi's. If you wear a 3 or a 6 Milan shirt without the correct names they'll give you dogs abuse. (In Milan, not like Cramlington or somewhere)

It's nice with Maldini that the 3 can come out of retirement if one of his sons is good enough, It would be mental for Grandfather, Father & son to all play for Milan and be successful!

Guest Heneage

They retired his number at Milan same as Baresi's. If you wear a 3 or a 6 Milan shirt without the correct names they'll give you dogs abuse. (In Milan, not like Cramlington or somewhere)

It's nice with Maldini that the 3 can come out of retirement if one of his sons is good enough, It would be mental for Grandfather, Father & son to all play for Milan and be successful!

I was about to say the part about his sons. Did you see one of his kids  tackle Seedorf? Maldini blood. :love:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye! :lol:

You'd hope they don't turn out to be disappointing. ;)

However I think - very much like the people of Naples will forever love Maradona - any Maldini will be loved by Milanistas whether they make it or not.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I always thought that was more of a question of Ultras vs The club rather than owt else.

Obviously he got bad reactions after that champions league loss but a lot of Italians are like that after defeat, they've been known to attack failed world cup teams etc etc

That said the Ultras are dickheads - and a minority,

Guest Haris Vuckic

On further reading you're right there Tooj!

They said it was an attack on the person not the player. Like there's a difference.