Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

And as if by magic!

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Ryan Taylor expected to be available for WBA game after picking up knock on Friday

23 seconds ago

If he goes straight back in ahead of Santon and still no Ben Arfa and we don't get a result, things will start turning nasty.

And as if by magic!

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Ryan Taylor expected to be available for WBA game after picking up knock on Friday

23 seconds ago

If he goes straight back in ahead of Santon and still no Ben Arfa and we don't get a result, things will start turning nasty.

I should fucking hope so too.

And as if by magic!

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

23 seconds ago

We'll still be 7th though, so you can't criticise.

"Santon did well at left-back - he linked well with Jonas, that looks good - with no Ryan (Taylor) today,"

Also:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111217/santon-i-absolutely-love-it-here_2281670_2550885?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Santon: 'I Absolutely Love It Here'

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Davide Santon has had to be patient for his full home debut for Newcastle United, but it was worth the wait as he put in a display full of flair in the goalless draw with Swansea.

Since joining the Magpies at the end of August, the Italian international has found in-form Ryan Taylor an immovable object at left-back but, with the former Wigan man picking up a minor ankle injury in training during the week, Santon came in against the Welsh side.

And the ex-Inter Milan defender, who made his full league debut at Norwich last weekend having previously played as a substitute against Tottenham and at Blackburn in the Carling Cup, has revealed how he loves life on Tyneside.

Speaking to nufc.co.uk after his first 90 minutes at St James' Park, he said: "It went very well.

"I played last week so I felt better physically and I'm happy because for me, the game went very well even though it ended in a 0-0 draw."

And he admitted that running out of the tunnel in front of over 50,000 Geordie supporters was a proud moment.

"I was really happy," he said. "I wasn't emotional because they gave me courage to start the game, and I was very happy about that.

"I love it here, I absolutely love it. I've found it really easy to settle.

"I think the fans like me, I get on really well with my team-mates and I'm beginning to learn English with the help of my English teacher.

"And the manager has told me that he's happy with me, so I'm happy."

Now, Santon is hoping to play again from the start against West Brom on Wednesday night - and this time, he wants to be on the winning side.

He said: "It was already important that we should win today and unfortunately we haven't, so that means on Wednesday we've really got to try hard to bring three points home."

I Thought he was fucking brilliant today, that pass to Ameobi as well as that moment when he pushed the Swansea players all the way back to their penalty zone and then got the ball on his own  was fan-fucking-tastic. here's hoping he's now one of the first names on the team sheet.

And as if by magic!

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

23 seconds ago

Surely Pardew has seen the light now? Santon has to start from now on. Okay, he hasn't really been tested defensively yet but I'm confident he'll do well.

Nah, Colo for midfield.

Krul

Simpson  Perch  R.Taylor  Santon

Obertan  Smith Coloccini  Jonas

Ameobi Ameobi

:fwap: :fwap:

and that must be the biggest wind up going !

No it wasn't.