Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

As others have said he hasn't actually had to do any defending yet but I think his pace will make him pretty hard to beat. Reminds me a bit of the Gareth Bale situation, when he signed for spurs and the jury was out on what his best position was. The lad us clearly happiest when he's bombing on. Looked our most creative player at times yesterday.

And as if by magic!

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Ryan Taylor expected to be available for WBA game after picking up knock on Friday

23 seconds ago

If he goes straight back in ahead of Santon and still no Ben Arfa and we don't get a result, things will start turning nasty.

We'll still be 7th though, so you can't criticise.

Difference between criticism and turning nasty. :lol:

You really don't know how poor Taylor is defensively until you see this guy in the same position.

It was great to see him winning things in the air and looking so comfortable on the ball. He's in the first team now.

You really don't know how poor Taylor is defensively until you see this guy in the same position.

It was great to see him winning things in the air and looking so comfortable on the ball. He's in the first team now.

I really hope so, as I said yesterday he is instantly one of those players the ball will go to and you are completely confident.

I really hope so, as I said yesterday he is instantly one of those players the ball will go to and you are completely confident.

:thup: There were times when Jonas let him run the left wing going forward. Was always confident a chance would come of it.

Seemed to get even better in the second half didnt he, which was a good sign. Played a lovely ball for Sholas chance & can beat a man.

You can see he'd get assists, its defensively he'll be tested.

Prob mentioned but the moment he hassled their player the entire way up the wing only to win the ball against two of em was real class

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He looks as if he wants to run into the box when he gets forward past Jonas, something some were critical Enrique didn't do.

Tbf I think it was a lot more to do with keeping a solid unit than keeping Ryan Taylor in the team. The defence weren't exactly doing a bad job..

If Santon had been fit from the off I reckon he would have been in the team sooner.

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd love it if we actually did go out and get a LB (Cissokho) and moved Santon over to RB.

Imagine our best line up with a fully fit squad...

---Krul---

---Santon---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Cissokho---

---Cabaye-------Tiote---

Jonas----------Ben Arfa----------Marveaux

---Ba---

Could very easily shift Jonas over to the right now that he doesn't have to babysit his "fullback" anymore.

Then again, we don't have an actual left-footed winger to come in anyway so fuck that :lol:

Probably been whooshed but I'm going to stick my neck out and say Arfster could play there, he has a little bit of history in that role.

Love how comfortable Santon has shown himself to be on the ball and how looks to go forward as soon as he gets it. Very refreshing.

Could very easily shift Jonas over to the right now that he doesn't have to babysit his "fullback" anymore.

Then again, we don't have an actual left-footed winger to come in anyway so fuck that :lol:

Probably been whooshed but I'm going to stick my neck out and say Arfster could play there, he has a little bit of history in that role.

Love how comfortable Santon has shown himself to be on the ball and how looks to go forward as soon as he gets it. Very refreshing.

I mean, obviously Ben Arfa would be fine but the point that was being made was that we were disadvantaged by having two opposite-footed wide players on the left side. He  unfortunately doesn't solve that problem. (Unless I'm stupid and Ben Arfa is actually left-footed.)