Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He looked promising, but nobody will convince me that Taylor would have struggled today.

same player who was eaten alive by shaun wright philips? Not unthinkable that he'd struggle against small, quick, nimble footed players like Routledge, Sinclair and Dyer.

He looked promising, but nobody will convince me that Taylor would have struggled today.

same player who was eaten alive by shaun wright philips? Not unthinkable that he'd struggle against small, quick, nimble footed players like Routledge, Sinclair and Dyer.

QPR had more than five minutes of possession in the match. :lol:

Nope. Swansea barely had the ball in offensive situations, and we had a lot of freekicks he could have created something from. He's got a couple of goals and assists this season, you'd think he'd been dire in every single match which just isn't the case. He's not been great, and I'm by no means saying I want Taylor in the side if we can help it, but some are going a bit overboard with Santon today IMO. He wasn't tested in the slightest.

Skirge's post sums up my opinion perfectly.

Taylor probably wouldn't have struggled but Santon looked much better than Taylor ever has, he looked very good at times today and he has a touch of class about him.  Even against Swansea I looked at him on the ball and couldn't believe Ryan Taylor has kept him out of the team.

Nope. Swansea barely had the ball in offensive situations, and we had a lot of freekicks he could have created something from. He's got a couple of goals and assists this season, you'd think he'd been dire in every single match which just isn't the case. He's not been great, and I'm by no means saying I want Taylor in the side if we can help it, but some are going a bit overboard with Santon today IMO. He wasn't tested in the slightest.

Was mainly referring to him going forward. Offensively, Ryan Taylor isn't capable of putting in a performance like Santon did today. Same goes for Simpson actually.

He grew in confidence as the game went on. He looked nervy at times and needs to play with more aggression. Hopefully that'll come, because he's got the strength and the skill to do very well.

And I don't know why he's ended up as a left back. He looks quite one-footed and it ain't his left.

The difference in ability is clear as day. You don´t need to tested to see that, and that is why people are so happy about his performance. Stop being the party pooper.

The difference in ability is clear as day. You don´t need to tested to see that, and that is why people are so happy about his performance. Stop being the party pooper.

In case you missed it:

Hope he gets a run of game, needs to be tested as a defender before I make my mind up about him.. looks promising though.

'Party pooper'. :lol:

In case you missed it:

Hope he gets a run of game, needs to be tested as a defender before I make my mind up about him.. looks promising though.

'Party pooper'. :lol:

Fair enough. :lol: Didn´t read Skirges post.