Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

good signing, unless its instead of cissokho. wasn't he some wonderkid a couple of years back, but then something happened and mourinho hated him? did he have a breakdown or something? don't be blinded by his 7 caps or FM profile.

Decent looking lad. But could he actually rival Cabaye's handsomeness?  ???

Noone can do that.

Your avatar? :smitten:

He doesn't count. Super human.

Ginola's now an entry for the DILFs, different category entirely.

good signing, unless its instead of cissokho. wasn't he some wonderkid a couple of years back, but then something happened and mourinho hated him? did he have a breakdown or something? don't be blinded by his 7 caps or FM profile.

Yeah post #359

Watching youtube vids of him at left back and everytime he gets forward he just cuts inside. Does look good on the ball though.

:-X

Seems very mixed opinions if its left back seems a bigger risk than our previous targets like

Bigger gamble but if he comes off bigger sell on value.

Probably what's swayed Ashley.

Seems very mixed opinions if its left back seems a bigger risk than our previous targets like

Bigger gamble but if he comes off bigger sell on value.

Probably what's swayed Ashley.

I think its more to do with money. We were obviously never going to pay more than what we got for Jose. He'll have taken the Jose deal, took off taxx and set some money aside for agent fees and sign on for the new left back. Santon will be the first bid we've managed to get accepted for the budget... question is can we get Santon himself within our budget!

Guest MrSundlofer

He show great technique for being a full back, good pace and control of the ball. I have been aware of this player, obviously he is (and has been) a great prospect... But I haven't seen him play that much and noticed how he is, etc. So, don't know how good he will be in this squad. But I'm sure Colocho has seen him play for about 60 games.

If this comes off, I'd honestly play Santon at right-back and Ferguson at left-back. Mainly because Ferguson despite his inexperience, will offer us a great deal going forward, especially compared to Simpson who has looked well off the pace.

If this comes off, I'd honestly play Santon at right-back and Ferguson at left-back. Mainly because Ferguson despite his inexperience, will offer us a great deal going forward, especially compared to Simpson who has looked well off the pace.

Would definitely be something to try. Would give us genuine balance to the team, too.