Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest firetotheworks

Probably our best attacking threat in the second half, which is something I often found myself thinking about Enrique.

Play him at RB behind Ben Arfa please. Ben Arfa cutting inside and Santon providing width on the over-lap = cohesive attacking plan for the right flank.

Defensively it might end up being a little suspect but with Tiote and Cabaye both playing very defensively these days that shouldn't really be an issue.

Play him at RB behind Ben Arfa please. Ben Arfa cutting inside and Santon providing width on the over-lap = cohesive attacking plan for the right flank.

Defensively it might end up being a little suspect but with Tiote and Cabaye both playing very defensively these days that shouldn't really be an issue.

that sounds way too complex for our current manager tbh.

My MOM today. Thought he was excellent going forward and put in some great tackles at the back, battled really well. Positioning can be dodgy at times but I remember Enrique was like that in his first season here.

Would still like to see him moved to right back in the future.

wish he'd just crack it when he cuts in, couple of times today he had great oportunities.

Maybe that's why he didn't make it as a striker... I haven't seen him strike the ball much from his Inter days or while at NUFC so I don't know but he's got the other attributes to be a striker and was moved so we'll have to see

If we put ben arfa on the left next season or sign a left footer keep him there, it's just Jonas being right footed that slows attacks down.

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Just checked and Davide Santon has heard of the Mr Men ;-) , for all those who were so concerned on Saturday #nufc

errr ok

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Just checked and Davide Santon has heard of the Mr Men ;-) , for all those who were so concerned on Saturday #nufc

errr ok

:lol:

Was hoping someone in here would have an idea of what the fk he is on about.

I think he's alright, and it goes without question that he has masses of potential. You have to reserve any sort of judgement on him until he's played down the other wing though, if he ever does.

If he's going to be our permanent left-back then he needs to start working on his other foot, because he's more one-footed than me. We're completely unbalanced with him and Jonas down one side; it's a detriment to the player himself and, more importantly, the team.