Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Loved when he came over to us apologising and tapping the badge. Seems he really does love it here, I know people kiss the badge and that all the time, but I think Davide has really bought into what this club is about. Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

EDIT: I just realised the "really bought into what this club is about." sounds a bit RAWK esque but whatever :lol:

Loved when he came over to us apologising and tapping the badge. Seems he really does love it here, I know people kiss the badge and that all the time, but I think Davide has really bought into what this club is about. Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

EDIT: I just realised the "really bought into what this club is about." sounds a bit RAWK esque but whatever :lol:

He have a girlfriend from Newcastle too if i am not mistaken.

Adopted Geordie  :aww:

He have a girlfriend from Newcastle too if i am not mistaken.

Adopted Geordie  :aww:

Davide knows where his bread's buttered...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_flE8xAxihOg/TPRdtdH7mZI/AAAAAAAAInc/gauXBqN4BpQ/s1600/%2527Howay%2Bman%252C%2Bit%2527s%2Bnot%2Bcold%2521%2527%2BAs%2BBritain%2Bshivers%252C%2BNewcastle%2Bgirls%2Bprove%2Bthey%2527re%2Bnot%2Bfrightened%2Bof%2Ba%2Bbit%2Bof%2Bsnow%2B%2B1.jpg

He is decent with his head. We should have him up for corners not languishing on the half way line.

We need his pace back there for the inevitable break-away.

That's the wimps way out :yao:

Nah, anything is better than what we have at the moment.

For me, leave 2 smallest back especially if they are useless in the box. Not one of your biggest who can actually head the ball.

I've said for ages we should leave Jonas back with Santon taking his place in the box. We barely have anyone in their as it is and Jonas being in there serves no purpose at all.

For me, leave 2 smallest back especially if they are useless in the box. Not one of your biggest who can actually head the ball.

I've said for ages we should leave Jonas back with Santon taking his place in the box. We barely have anyone in their as it is and Jonas being in there serves no purpose at all.

Jonas needs to be dropped, end of. The performances he has been putting in are Nicky Butt-esque, and I think even Obertan offers more than he does now.

Guest bimpy474

Jonas needs to be dropped, end of. The performances he has been putting in are Nicky Butt-esque, and I think even Obertan offers more than he does now.

Aye, i dont remember a player (apart from Butt) who gives the ball away as much as Jonas has lately. And how many times does he want to dwell on the ball, fall over when he loses it and expect a foul.

He's been useless tbh.

Annoys me actually how deep we are when defending set pieces. Used to love it when Mourinho would leave three on the half way line when he was at Chelsea. We don't even leave one. :lol:

Boils my piss n all. Means even if you do get it clear you're just invited the ball back in due to lack of pressure.

Guest neesy111

Annoys me actually how deep we are when defending set pieces. Used to love it when Mourinho would leave three on the half way line when he was at Chelsea. We don't even leave one. :lol:

Boils my piss n all. Means even if you do get it clear you're just invited the ball back in due to lack of pressure.

I used to think this but even Man Utd do it.

I used to think this but even Man Utd do it.

Does that mean it's the right thing to do? Ruins any chance of a counter attack and you will be put under pressure again. Leave on man around the half way line and one around half way up your own half. It also means that the attacking team won't be able to send as many forward.