Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

The mood really has changed in this thread over the last week or so. Kid was getting slated for couple of bad performances and some were willing to flog him away for some money since we bought Haidara.

This guy has the potential to be a starting fullback for Italian national side. He's just that good at times.

The mood really has changed in this thread over the last week or so. Kid was getting slated for couple of bad performances and some were willing to flog him away for some money since we bought Haidara.

This guy has the potential to be a starting fullback for Italian national side. He's just that good at times.

See Debuchy thread for similar.

Welcome back Davide. I really think Gouffran and Sissoko's movement has made a massive difference. With them bombing forward at all angles, it's given him much more space to exploit and coming inside is less of a drawback as a result.

I love how he just glides when he runs. Fluid like wine in his running style.

Aye, best aspect of his play for me. Opponents really do seem to be drawn into it a times. Excellent player to watch when his confidence is up.

With almost every run he goes on down the left he always tends to cut in onto his right foot for crosses or shots, it seems to work as well most of the time :lol: you would think opposition defenders would have noticed the trend by now

His age and the way he is developing so well here is why we should reject all offers for along time as his value is going to increase every year. Then if someone wants to pay a huge fee to take him "home" they can do when he is older. :)

With almost every run he goes on down the left he always tends to cut in onto his right foot for crosses or shots, it seems to work as well most of the time :lol: you would think opposition defenders would have noticed the trend by now

I suppose the problem they have is the pace he runs with the ball. And the fact he may indeed one time, keep going down the flank.

Yesterday was his best game in our colours imo. Two assists but an all-round excellent performance. He's one of the ones who Pardew who talking about I reckon, re: the new signings coming in and giving everyone a boost. He looked burned out and frustrated at Brighton, Arsenal and during the Reading game - since then he's put in a good performance at Villa and an absolute stormer yesterday. :thup:

Least we have Haidara as backup now.

I'd worry if he wasn't getting caps he'd be tempted to move back to italy to get in the national team. Considering the lack of pace on wings in Italy imo he'd rip up the Italian league atm and amazed Inter let him go. Who is his competition in the national squad?

Least we have Haidara as backup now.

I'd worry if he wasn't getting caps he'd be tempted to move back to italy to get in the national team. Considering the lack of pace on wings in Italy imo he'd rip up the Italian league atm and amazed Inter let him go. Who is his competition in the national squad?

Depends where they use him if its at LB then it will be Balzaretti and Criscito. ( i haven't seen the squad mind but that's the usual lot)

He'll get more chances to bomb forward with Debauchery stretching the opposition on the other flank. Goal soon.

At one point point he ran infield to find his outlet was Debuchy on the other side. Amazing how much pressing we were doing and how much further forward up the pitch we were as a team.

Think he had 93% vs Villa as well whilst everyone else (apart from Perch) had lower than 80%. He really does not give the ball away easily and when he does go long it's normally very accurate :thup: