Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

tap tap HE CAN FUCK OFF!

Special Praise from the Special One for Davide Santon

26 Jul 2013 12:00

Jose Mourinho has indicated that Newcastle United are lucky to have left-back Davide Santon

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-hails-newcastle-united-5325826?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:lol:

Do you ever read the forums?

Already been posted ?

• 1 month later...

Very, very good. Says a lot when it's not immediately noted, starting to become very consistent and steady.

:thup:

Think that's a very good observation, I personally think his defending has been excellent so far this season - looks really strong in the air too.

When we had Enrique you just knew 99% of the time the cross would not be coming in, Enrique would just close that down. Can't say that about Santon. Ball comes in from his side too often for my liking.

He is better with the ball though.

Still, he had a good game.

He looked better yesterday because he spent less time going forward as Remy was taking the responsibility for attacking down the left and he has pace, so Santon could concentrate more on defensive duties - which is his main job.

He often gets caught out of position when he has to go forward a lot.

really been practising with his left foot over the summer

Noticed he is trying to get the ball over with his left foot more this season and can only make him better offensively ,all in all playing better but not really tested apart from Man City .

Noticed he is trying to get the ball over with his left foot more this season and can only make him better offensively ,all in all playing better but not really tested apart from Man City .

I know Davide is good an all but to be tested in a game he didn't play in is truly magical.

I know Davide is good an all but to be tested in a game he didn't play in is truly magical.

:ronaldo: forgot missed that one

• 2 weeks later...