Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Easy to blame Santon - but why was Williamson up front?

Because it was the 90th minute and we were chasing the equaliser and had an attacking FK.

Taylor spent a good two or three minutes upfront at one point before this too.

The need to blame someone for every goal on here is awful, good teams punish you on the break when you're chasing the game - that's what happened. It'll probably happen again at some point.

Because it was the 90th minute and we were chasing the equaliser and had an attacking FK.

The need to blame someone for every goal on here is awful, good teams punish you on the break when you're chasing the game - that's what happened. It'll probably happen again at some point.

:thup:

:thup:

For the record I don't care to blame anybody to heavily - this kind of thing happens when you chase a match and Krul was very unlucky.

Williamson was up front as we were pressing for an equaliser and he'd been shoved up there to win stuff in the air.

We were camped in their half at the time and they broke away and scored.

Big fan of Santon's ability but I'm just not convinced he has the intensity to be a really effective premier league player- both in attack and defence. He should be really driving at sides but the pace is always a bit slow with him. It's the case in defence as well where he's often a bit passive.

Santon is and probably always will be the better player but I think Haidara will be better in the premier league. He has he tenacity and drive to be so once he learns how to defend!

Guest Howaythetoon

I like the lad, but this is his 3rd season here now and he hasn't really progressed and doesn't look like he has anything special about his game at all. At least with Sissoko, despite being average on the ball, he has pace, power and a decent cross on him. Something! What does Santon have? Defensively he is very average and without Goufran's work-rate and own defensive switched on mind, he'd get even more exposed and found out.

Guest Howaythetoon

He can be neat and tidy when on the ball and doesn't look out of place in our side, but that doesn't justify selecting him much less persevering with him. Like I said, he hasn't developed much or progressed much since he has been here, unlike some others. I'd be looking to improve on him or that area of our side if it was down to me. At the moment he is arguably the weakest link in our side. He is still young though and its not as if he is a disaster of a player, because he's not, so I wouldn't totally give up on him.

I'm not sure even he's sure what kind of player he is. He's got all the ingredients of a good full back, but I dunno if he's either giving everything every game or got a football brain to read the game. He needs to learn from Debuchy.

• 2 weeks later...