Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful performance, he needs a break and why is he a LB when he's right-footed? Try him on the right FFS. His positioning is all over the place.

He is a right back, been obvious for ages now.

No he isn't.... every time he's been tried on the right he's been even worse and everytime he's on the right he tries to cut inside on his weaker foot :lol:

Because he's right footed don't automatically make him a RB....anyways was crap again and don't trust Pardew to improve him.

There's two options, develop the LBs behind him or get a new LB.

I don't know why people rate him. I've never seen him have a good game for us, the same can be applied to Debuchy as well to be fair.

Obviously not watched us play very often then.

Guest East Stander

More concerned in the warm up with chatting to Borini. Carver went ape shit with him, rightly so. Should not have made the second half. Must be dropped (preferably from a height as well for that shocking, spineless defending for the second goal)

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Him and Debuchy can't handle the pressure of big games and make silly mistakes, give away fouls etc... Santon's defending has always been mediocre and while some people say he makes up for that going forward he rare whips in a good cross and can't hit the target when he cuts inside. Dunno what he's good at. I said the other day that we really needed Grenier just to take our setpieces cos I don't think I can stand another one from Santon

Those flat chipped crosses are embarrassing. He's not the only one who attempts them mind, they're a long standing theme of our game.

There was a free kick before Sunderand scored and you could see Pardew with his hand movements indicate whip it in and he hit the first defender. Our weakest player in the team (apart from Shola) by a long shot and so many of teams threats and goals come from his side. Need to get Hiadara in and give him a run of games and same with Mbiwa - whats the point in paying money to bring players in and then not give them a run to find the level of the Premiership - we are not going down or qualifying for Europe so now is the perfect time.

Him and Debuchy can't handle the pressure of big games and make silly mistakes, give away fouls etc... Santon's defending has always been mediocre and while some people say he makes up for that going forward he rare whips in a good cross and can't hit the target when he cuts inside. Dunno what he's good at. I said the other day that we really needed Grenier just to take our setpieces cos I don't think I can stand another one from Santon

What an absolute load of bollocks.

Debuchy was great against Spurs, Chelsea, Man Yoo, Liverpool, Arsenal and the recent narrow loss to Man City.

But aye he can't handle the pressure of big games because he's shit in the derby.

I said earlier in this thread that his issue is a lack of urgency- both in attack and defence.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be suited to English football because of that.

Haidara on the other hand, while a lesser player, is far more dynamic and better suited. As we're playing for fuck all now, I'd give Haidara the rest of the season and move santon on in the summer.

Those flat chipped crosses are embarrassing. He's not the only one who attempts them mind, they're a long standing theme of our game.

Probably counted 5 or 6 today, Sissoko was another offender, absolute bread and butter for their defenders.