Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Guest north shields lad

@rorysmith_tel People get so jumpy on deadline day. Bellamy having his medical. One knee currently discovered. No sign of a neck. #LFC

Guest WashyGeordie

When we're watching Shola and Lovenkrands miss every chance we create for them every game I hope the people even contemplating trying to defend this s*** don't complain.

Missing out the point Best is our top scorer and will probably start whenever possible, aswell as Ba looking better vs Fulham.

But aye.

TaylorandBesty Taylor and Besty

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

All well and true, but it's not about that, is it?

Exactly, it's about the other money we could have used to strengthen, instead of doing the bare minimum for £660k. c***s

Well, I'm happy with what we have managed to sign. Seemed most people were yesterday too when the Santon news broke. Not going to get angry about something that hasn't happened, and let that distract from the good we have managed this window. Unless, of course, people were waiting for a 'Trophy Signing'? Anything over the magic £10m marker seems to get people really excited, even if they don't know much about the player (Ruiz).

Not really about a 'Trophy Signing' either is it? About a necessary signing we haven't made since January, with £35m in the bank to do it.

When we're watching Shola and Lovenkrands miss every chance we create for them every game I hope the people even contemplating trying to defend this s*** don't complain.

Missing out the point Best is our top scorer and will probably start whenever possible, aswell as Ba looking better vs Fulham.

But aye.

If we were still in the championship, I'd be happy with that forward line. Not ecstatic though.

Feel the same, it's gutting that we missed out on the striker but Santon could end up an immense signing, and the others look pretty good so far as well.

I hope that Santon does become an immense signing, at least that way we'll not have weakened our defence.

Everton are in the s***. As bad as our window has been atleast we havnt had the Carroll situation again, that was horrible and it must be something similar watching arteta go for them

The 2 situations have f*** all similarities apart from a good player leaving.

:iamatwat:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

Exactly, it's about the other money we could have used to strengthen, instead of doing the bare minimum for £660k. c***s

Well, I'm happy with what we have managed to sign. Seemed most people were yesterday too when the Santon news broke. Not going to get angry about something that hasn't happened, and let that distract from the good we have managed this window. Unless, of course, people were waiting for a 'Trophy Signing'? Anything over the magic £10m marker seems to get people really excited, even if they don't know much about the player (Ruiz).

Not really about a 'Trophy Signing' either is it? About a necessary signing we haven't made since January, with £35m in the bank to do it.

If we were going to sign a striker, it would have happened before today. Very unlikely we'll ever do incoming business on 'Transfer Deadline Day'. Think about our owner, think about how he works - he wants the best value available for his money. Values double up and go beyond that on Transfer Deadline Day.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Raul Meireles has submitted a written transfer request, surely pushing for Chelsea move...

JamesMawFFT James Maw

Meireles to Arsenal? 2 + 2 = #sourcesclosetothedeal

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Guest Geordiesned

Benayoun signed for Arsenal

I sign with arsenal,very happy and excited about it,but now my head is only in the game against grecce on friday,thanks for the support.

Seesmic • 31/08/2011 22:29

by ToonArmyMIA

If we were going to sign a striker, it would have happened before today. Very unlikely we'll ever do incoming business on 'Transfer Deadline Day'. Think about our owner, think about how he works - he wants the best value available for his money. Values double up and go beyond that on Transfer Deadline Day.

In that case it would probably have made sense to get the striker in earlier. Like everyone was suggesting.