Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

TaylorandBesty Taylor and Besty

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. Fucking disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

'The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, "Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it", and he has assured me of that.

'For the Newcastle fans, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used."

Guest icemanblue

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. Fucking disgusting. #

Wow.

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

All well and true, but it's not about that, is it?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It's moments like these when I think how much time I have wasted reading about possible signings when nothing comes

Everton are in the shit. As bad as our window has been atleast we havnt had the Carroll situation again, that was horrible and it must be something similar watching arteta go for them

Everton supporting mate is busy spinning that as he's finished crap and they won't miss him

They've probably looked at the decent start we've had to the season and thought we've done alright so far, we don't really need another striker.  They simply can't see that with a decent striker we'd have probably finished higher up the league last season, we'd have some cover in case of injuries and suspensions and the thousands of empty seats at St James might not be quite as empty.

Stupid, short-term thinking from a couple of gamblers who simply do not understand football.

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

All well and true, but it's not about that, is it?

Exactly, it's about the other money we could have used to strengthen, instead of doing the bare minimum for £660k. Cunts