Bryan Ruiz

JH

Guest Rainforest

People need to calm down with regards to Ruiz. Would you really want him for 10 mil? He's proved nothing, could just as well be the next Alfonso Alves.

or the next Luis Suarez. Speculate to accumulate. It's not like he was coming here without any pedigree whatsoever. I wouldn't have spent 10m on Crouch, but would have gladly spent more on Ruiz.

for every Suarez there's an Alves, Kezman and Samaras

Aye, seing as any player might flop, safer not to buy anyone!

First instinct was to think "Why the fuck would he pick Fulham over us" but then you realise he's probably just seen what's went on with our club, especially in the last year.

A quiet little club like Fulham that never has any drama must seem like heaven in comparison.

I would be very surprised if that's the case. More likely they just spotted him first, convinced him to join them and he liked the idea of being massively paid to live in luxury somewhere in West London.

Really don't think players have as depressing an outlook on Newcastle Utd as the fans do. Except the ones we've forced out of course.

In which case why did we even bother making a last day bid for him?

People need to calm down with regards to Ruiz. Would you really want him for 10 mil? He's proved nothing, could just as well be the next Alfonso Alves.

or the next Luis Suarez. Speculate to accumulate. It's not like he was coming here without any pedigree whatsoever. I wouldn't have spent 10m on Crouch, but would have gladly spent more on Ruiz.

for every Suarez there's an Alves, Kezman and Samaras

RVN? Dirk Kuyt? Van Persie? Swings and roundabouts

Guest elbee909

For every Kezman there's a van Nistelrooy, for every Afonso Alves there's a Robben.

yeas but there pedigree was slightly differen wasnt it?

9 goals in 54 for Costa Rica.

Yeah, bet they provide all sorts of service, those world giants of football.

For every Kezman there's a van Nistelrooy, for every Afonso Alves there's a Robben.

yeas but there pedigree was slightly differen wasnt it?

9 goals in 54 for Costa Rica.

Yeah, bet they provide all sorts of service, those world giants of football.

if this guy scores 10 league goals this season I will ask the admins to give me an permanent IP ban. Thank you and good night.

These kind of bets never end well, trust me.

I'm willing to risk it.

The sad thing is we don't seem to be able to compete with the likes of Fulham and Stoke (not their signings who are to a man a load a crap but the amount they are prepared to spend) in the transfer market. This will sound arrogant to none NUFC fans, but with our following and history we should expect to better than those teams in the transfer windows, regardless of the fact that we had 35 million in our warchest.

The sad thing is we don't seem to be able to compete with the likes of Fulham and Stoke (not their signings who are to a man a load a crap but the amount they are prepared to spend) in the transfer market. This will sound arrogant to none NUFC fans, but with our following and history we should expect to better than those teams in the transfer windows, regardless of the fact that we had 35 million in our warchest.

They're both in the Europa Cup, that's what makes them more attractive.

We were never in for him, were we? Twente president tells every journalist bar David Craig we've not bid or we're too late, Ruiz's agent says he'd talk to us if we're interested but doesn't show up for our 'scheduled' meeting. It clearly was bollocks.

Just another part of the Sky transfer deadline hype. Nothing of any substance from any valid or credible source but thousands falling for it, raising their hopes and then becoming hysterical when a non-story was proven to be a non-story. A stitch up really.

Amazed at how much guff was spouted yesterday in relation to what actually occured, still I'm sure it did Sky's advertising revenues no harm.

With our history and following we should be able to compete with clubs like Chelsea and Man City in the transfer market.

With our history and following we should be able to compete with clubs like Chelsea and Man City in the transfer market.

We would be able to if those clubs were spending anything like what they can afford. But the fact is they are spending the personal money of mega-rich benefactors.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fulham, and a lot of other clubs, are paying higher wages than NUFC. It feels like the higher the transfer fee we have to pay the less money for wages that are on offer. We'll probably have to wait until next Summer for some more out of contract players.

We would be able to if those clubs were spending anything like what they can afford. But the fact is they are spending the personal money of mega-rich benefactors.

As are Stoke and Fulham (albeit on a 'slightly' smaller scale)