Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All they had to fucking do was sign a striker. They didn't have to be a worldbeater, they didn't have to cost £20 million. Just buy one of the many strikers we've been endlessly linked to and suddenly this transfer window looks competent. Hell, even if they'd done what Sunderland have done and brought in Bendtner with an option to buy. Even that would have been better than nowt.

They've made us all look like fucking mugs. 7 months and £35 million to spend and no striker. An absolute disgrace.

It has been a good window frfom the point of view that we have:

signed some good players for way below their market value

New players are younger and hungry for success

New players are more skillful and talented

Players who have left were money hungry and limited and expensive

We will play a better standard of football

The debt owed to the owner is diminishing

Money will be avaailable in january if the need arises

We are not being held to ransom by greedy players and agents

Once new players gell, you will see such a change in our football

Kids are being given a chance

This made me lol.

Guest Rainforest

It has been a good window frfom the point of view that we have:

signed some good players for way below their market value

New players are younger and hungry for success

New players are more skillful and talented

Players who have left were money hungry and limited and expensive

We will play a better standard of football

The debt owed to the owner is diminishing

Money will be avaailable in january if the need arises

We are not being held to ransom by greedy players and agents

Once new players gell, you will see such a change in our football

Kids are being given a chance

This made me lol.

If the need arises?

Looking at our squad-sheet right now  - it would be akin to observing the starvation disaster at Cape Hope and make a note to self about food rations "if the need arises".

Yes, its that bad - tasteless as the comparison is.

All they had to f***ing do was sign a striker. They didn't have to be a worldbeater, they didn't have to cost £20 million. Just buy one of the many strikers we've been endlessly linked to and suddenly this transfer window looks competent. Hell, even if they'd done what Sunderland have done and brought in Bendtner with an option to buy. Even that would have been better than nowt.

They've made us all look like f***ing mugs. 7 months and £35 million to spend and no striker. An absolute disgrace.

We have already got a number of pretty average strikers and a couple of raw prospects. We needed a proper Number 9 to hang our hat on. It needn't have cost £20m but the type of player we needed to replace Carrol was going to cost a fair bit, maybe up to £15m.

We seemed to have a very narrow shortlist of players, mainly based around Ligue 1, what about players plying their trade in other European leagues? South America? Once our supposed preferred options were unavailable we needed to cast the net wider instead of working down the list until we got to Maiga and Roux.

In the end Ashley didn't want to spend the money and another opportunity to move forward and break into the top 6-8 goes begging. As for Pardew, if he had any integrity he would resign.

I do think Pardew is for the most part a separate entitity to those two and ultimately they've made him look like a mug too by promising the fans we would have one. Hardly think he's chuffed to have to stick with what he's got.

"Judge me on September the 1st"  :rolleyes:

Guest Rainforest

Thing is though, how do we express our disgust? Would not going to the games help? A half-full St-James park with 25.000 empty seats would surely get the message across?  I`d feel sorry for the players as they havent done anything wrong, but in a war I guess there will always be casualities.

Guest Vinkent

Anyone else also have the feeling that the pull of playing for NUFC no longer has the effect it used to for attracting potentially good talent from abroad?

Anyone else also have the feeling that the pull of playing for NUFC no longer has the effect it used to for attracting potentially good talent from abroad?

No, if anything we are attracting more exciting players than in recent years. £5 for Cabaye is better than £15m for Luque, or whatever it was.

No, if anything we are attracting more exciting players than in recent years. £5 for Cabaye is better than £15m for Luque, or whatever it was.

£9.5m, but what's the difference in £5.5m in misrepresenting the dealings of the previous board while defending the current.  :coolsmiley: :shifty: :razz:

£9.5m, but what's the difference in £5.5m in misrepresenting the dealings of the previous board while defending the current.  :coolsmiley: :shifty: :razz:

I honestly didn't know the figures, my point was that we're not attracting any worse players from abroad than in recent years really.

I honestly didn't know the figures, my point was that we're not attracting any worse players from abroad than in recent years really.

Aye - I was just having a troll moment anyway (you've probably guessed that).  If anything I'd probably say that the current financial limitations have flushed out the shysters, malignerers and hangers on from the squad (not just foreigners) and left us with players who actully want to play football.

Barton & Routledge out Obertan in

Enrique out Santon in

Nolan out Cabaye in

Ba & Marveaux in

Piss poor tbh, pretty much what I expected though. Can't wait for the next one

What Fat Bastard doesn't understand is that it was bad business NOT to bring another striker in.  To fail at building upon the early, low budget transfers actually devalues those transfers.  He's failed to maximize the potential of those transfers by not spending some of the Carroll money.

Nailed it right there.

Why is it fat bastard's fault ? I can't believe that Mike is personally involve in negotiating. Surely he allocates a certain amount of money, and let Llambias and Pardew work it out how to use it.

It is evident that we have some money to spend, despite not much. If we can identify good players who are young, with potential, and cheap (seems to be around 5M mark) then we would bring them in.

It is Llambias and Pardew and the scouting network's fault for not bringing in a striker. Perhaps Llambias for not being swift enough, scouts for not able to identify suitable target, and Pardew for prioritising midfielders over striker.

Guest Rainforest

Why is it fat b******'s fault ? I can't believe that Mike is personally involve in negotiating. Surely he allocates a certain amount of money, and let Llambias and Pardew work it out how to use it.

It is evident that we have some money to spend, despite not much. If we can identify good players who are young, with potential, and cheap (seems to be around 5M mark) then we would bring them in.

It is Llambias and Pardew and the scouting network's fault for not bringing in a striker. Perhaps Llambias for not being swift enough, scouts for not able to identify suitable target, and Pardew for prioritising midfielders over striker.

:lol: