Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

as long as we dont get the striker we need, it will be a 4.

Our defence isn't strengthened. But we did actually get one in. and one left. so all square. However Enrique is probably better than Santon.

Midfield we lost Nolan and Barton. Both very important to us, but the replacements seem just as good. actually added bodies here.

Strikers. No words. Ba for free. 7 fucking months to get a number9. no chance.

Unless a striker comes in late, its a 4. If we get a striker, then 7.

:thup:

Our defence isn't strengthened. But we did actually get one in. and one left. so all square. However Enrique is probably better than Santon.

Midfield we lost Nolan and Barton. Both very important to us, but the replacements seem just as good. actually added bodies here.

Strikers. No words. Ba for free. 7 f***ing months to get a number9. no chance.

had we bought him tonight for 10mill you'd have been chuffed ?

Ba for free is great and all. But we have fucking Løvenkrands starting games. After all the quotes about spending the money, this is just bullshit. We should have had Ba and a fucking great striker to go with him.

Our squad compromises of:

One decent full back

Only 2 fit CB's

Shitloads of midfielders (who have probably got the highest chance of inflating future sales)

No decent strikers.

Brilliant.

Absolutely. we could perhaps have gotten away with or papered over the cracks in this squad in the back 4 positions, but the failure to sign a striker, even a decent one on loan for God's sake, is utterly indefensible. I give it a 3/10 personally.

Strikers. No words. Ba for free. 7 f***ing months to get a number9. no chance.

had we bought him tonight for 10mill you'd have been chuffed ?

Ba for free is great and all. But we have f***ing Løvenkrands starting games. After all the quotes about spending the money, this is just bullshit. We should have had Ba and a f***ing great striker to go with him.

loven shouldn't be, i was astounded that after playing extra time at scunny we started with the same forwards the other day (i even though we started with them at scunny keeping shoila and ba for fulham).

An average centre-back and a decent striker today and it was looking really good, for me. That would have meant every senior player we have loaned/sold/released had been directly replaced and we wouldn't have been left with any "gaps" at all in the squad. I have excluded Perch, Smith and Lovenkrands here but the former and the latter now look like being drafted in by default in those areas. Smith remains a chocolate fireguard.

Can't help but be disappointed, but overall it's still been fairly positive. A reluctant 6.

This summer was all about replacing a player worthy of England's number 9 shirt and worth 35 million quid. Giving it a 1 would be too generous imo.

So only a £35m striker would have made you happy? Or is there more to it than that?

Pretty sure Wullie would have been happy with 15 million spent on Ruiz.

I'd have been happier to have the squad we had on January 30th than the one we have now. Does that answer your question? We are much weaker imo.

i disagree. just hope we don't follow this forums and go 4-4-2 with wingers and big man with small nippy forward.

3 - To be honest, for us fans - I think we deserve a good solid explanation as to what exactly was spent out of the £41million pound (approximately) and selling two of our best players, who were arguably two of the better players in the league in their positions.

We may have signed Marveaux, Cabaye, etc, and I'm fairly pleased with what I have seen so far. Ba, from what I've seen so far is no better than Shola and to be honest, what we have brought in has merely replaced what we already had. Only now we have a lower level of cohesion and have to find new leaders and a new balance.

We now enter a long 18 games or so where one or two losses on the trot will snap what confidence we have/had in two, and who the men are and who the boys are will sort itself out. It could be a long hard season if we have no leader and no bottle. Pardew has been repeatedly undermined, so how any player can have a good level of respect for him is beyond me.

Ultimately though, what has been spent? What has it been spent on? Have we upgraded facilities? Signed players? Given players new contracts? or simply just pissed off all our support to the degree that they stop turning up. Then...Our club becomes mediocre wank like the Blackburns and Boltons of this world and everyone gets sick of seeing overpriced shite with no ambition.

Guest Rainforest

2/10

Not bringing in even a loan stiker is unforgiveable. Complete and utter f***ing shambles.

We bought Ba.

Bought my ass. He`s a free agent and a mercenary man, and no better than Shola from what I`ve seen.

http://i.imgur.com/aK91O.gif

2/10

Not bringing in even a loan stiker is unforgiveable. Complete and utter f***ing shambles.

We bought Ba.

We obtained Ba, you mean. Do you really think we would have went for him if he wasn't available for free? We're putting all our eggs in one injury prone basket who so far hasn't looked good enough. The lengths some people will go to to defend this shambles are amazing.