Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest MrSundlofer

There is two players I want to add to our squad in the summer:

Mathieu Debuchy

Marvin Martin

Both are realistic. Both fits our transfer policy. Mathieu Debuchy is a right back and Marvin Martin is an attacking central midfielder.

Of course we need a central defender, but we also need to strengthen our current squad.

Guest MrSundlofer

How much would Belhanda cost? I'd have him over Martin.

£10M according to some press:

Arsenal have been joined by a whole host of European outfits in scouting the star duo in recent months, with France international Giroud initially under consideration, before exciting winger Belhanda also caught the eye following a breakthrough season at the Stade de la Mosson.

The pair are rated at around £10million each, having helped fire Montpellier to the top of the Ligue 1 table, where they are currently three points clear of Paris Saint-Germain.

But speculation has been rife for months that they will be part of a summer bidding war - aimed at driving up their prices.

As Metro revealed last month, outspoken Montpellier owner Louis Nicollin has always denied he intends to sell his best players.

However, he appears to have backtracked by saying Giroud, who has scored 19 goals in 23 matches this season, and Belhanda could go if interested parties stump up the cash.

'If we're offered a lot of money, Giroud and Belhanda will certainly go,' Nicollin told RMC.

Thanks. I guess it depends on where we finish, who leaves and what the defenders will cost then. IF we're interested.

What's happend to Nuri Sahin btw? Injured for most of the season. Maybe in need of some gametime next season. I'd have him on loan.

I think we should sign .....

Douglas/M'biwa/Alderwiereld as 1st choice centre-half

Debuchy/M'bengue/ Pieters as 1st choice fullback

Martin/Sigurdsson/Belhanda as 1st choice midfielder

Hoilett/ Griezmann as a wide forward

Guest MrSundlofer

I would be very surprised if we aren't aware of Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord. Has had a very good season and some journalists even wants him to be in the Euro 2012 squad for Holland. 20 years old. Midfielder.

No matter how much we guess and speculate, we will never guess correctly who the club is after.

I'm looking forward to seeing who we do sign, i'm sure they will be good players.

Guest Roger Kint

When Pardew has been to see Ajax, i wonder if it was for someone other than Vertonghen....Eriksen, perhaps? I cant see Vert being the one we get, especially if he's holding out for an Arsenal.

Someone on here said we were interested in Boilsen(sp?) the LB. Dunno if he played though

When Pardew has been to see Ajax, i wonder if it was for someone other than Vertonghen....Eriksen, perhaps? I cant see Vert being the one we get, especially if he's holding out for an Arsenal.

Someone on here said we were interested in Boilsen(sp?) the LB. Dunno if he played though

He's been injured for nearly the entire season.

Tiote-Cabaye-Eriksen  :megusta:

Seriously tho i reckon thats more unlikely than signing Belhanda....

My Dream 4 signings are Douglas/M'biwa, Debuchy, Belhanda and Hoilett.

More than we would pay i would guess.

Just watched some clips of Belhanda, strikes me as a similar kind of player as Ben Arfa, but his apparent temper makes me think of Taraabt. Would love him in the team if Ba were to go, but I can't see him playing CAM for the same reasons Ben Arfa hasn't been played there. Marvin Martin or Gylfi Sigurdsson would be perfect for the CAM role.

Belhanda would also cost a bomb, if the Montpellier president's valuation of Giroud is anything to go by that is. Sigurdsson's stock has risen of late, and I can see some competition for his signature driving wages up. I reckon Martin would be the best shout what with Sochaux's recent form, hopefully it'll be an under the radar signing.

I think this has the makings of a Gervinho saga. I really rate Vertonghen and love how he gets forward, but I can't help but think he'll turn out to be a dud. I hope I'm wrong though, two ball playing centre backs might not be conventional but I'd love to see it, would help Krul with distribution too.

On the subject, when was the last time we signed someone we knew about in advance?

Belhanda would be perfect for the advanced role in front of Cabaye and Tiote tbh. Biased of course, but there's not many clubs around that would be better for him than us, and i dont mean that there aren't better teams, but for his developement as a player we could be the perfect choice at this moment, guaranteed first team choice with a lot of french speaking players and so on, if you know what i mean. But as said, might cost a bit too much.

More than we would pay i would guess.

Just watched some clips of Belhanda, strikes me as a similar kind of player as Ben Arfa, but his apparent temper makes me think of Taraabt. Would love him in the team if Ba were to go, but I can't see him playing CAM for the same reasons Ben Arfa hasn't been played there. Marvin Martin or Gylfi Sigurdsson would be perfect for the CAM role.

Belhanda would also cost a bomb, if the Montpellier president's valuation of Giroud is anything to go by that is. Sigurdsson's stock has risen of late, and I can see some competition for his signature driving wages up. I reckon Martin would be the best shout what with Sochaux's recent form, hopefully it'll be an under the radar signing.

I think this has the makings of a Gervinho saga. I really rate Vertonghen and love how he gets forward, but I can't help but think he'll turn out to be a dud. I hope I'm wrong though, two ball playing centre backs might not be conventional but I'd love to see it, would help Krul with distribution too.

On the subject, when was the last time we signed someone we knew about in advance?

You should watch some more of him I think, as CAM wasn't really his main "role" until this season.

Belhanda covers basically any midfield position, it seems he has the vision to open defences (which I haven't seen TOO much off of Sig) and he can finish with decent composure. Sig is basically only CAM due to his lack of pace.

When it comes to Verthongen, I believe whatever club he goes to, he'll be a star within a decent timeframe. Even though both Colo and Verthongen is "ball-playing" by definition, I don't really see them too similar as Colo doesn't really run at defences the way Verthongen might - if given the possibility.

Toby Alderweireld, maybe...