Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Billy Sharp is no nowhere near good enough for us and the same goes for Yakubu.

Times have changes - we are assembling a team of international quality players and up-and-coming stars so I doubt these guys are anywhere near our radar.

Outside of FM and FIFA, is Martin Olsson any good?

Heard a few rumours of him being linked with bigger clubs, could be his agent trying to get him away from Blackburn mind.

In any case I think we need to buy a lot more players than a lot of people are saying, especially if we're going to get rid of the likes of Guthrie, Simpson and Raylor, who could be good squad players. We don't want our already-small squad to be fatigued or pick up injuries from playing extra games and have our league form suffer.

EDIT: Just to add, if Simpson is too big for his boots I hope the door hits him faster than a goalbound shot when he's stood on the line.

Thing is do you concentrate on 3 key players to the team, build development team and promote/blood a few of the younger players next year (Vuckic, Tav, Sammy, Abeid, Ferguson) or buy quite a few first team/ squad players which may push these down. If the club sort out the reserves and youth which they look like doing then we should have some exiting foreign and british players coming through in next couple of years to add competition and bulk up the squad. Certainly the 5 I have mentioned should be playing more games next year for us. Would love us to have a centre midfielder/centre half/striker waiting in the wings though (A right winger would be nice also as we have ferguson/sammy as potential backup to left midfield. I do feel a young striker in reserves that could come in around 19-21 would be great for us to learn from Cisse/Ba

Guest MrSundlofer

Mario Mandzukic can leave Wolfsburg for 9M euros. He is better than Jelavic and always run like Olic...

http://www.toonpool.com/user/5089/files/mario_mandzukic_wolfsburg_1591495.jpg

I'd happily screw out transfer policy to bring in Del Piero for a year.

Or Nesta :drool:

If we're scouting Serie A, might be worth seeing if Milan will let Pirlo go now. He must've been there years now.

If we're scouting Serie A, might be worth seeing if Milan will let Pirlo go now. He must've been there years now.

Hey Roy.

Hey Roy.

:rolleyes:

Jordi Gomez, so we can have a Jordi play for the Geordie Nation.

Jordi Alba for LB then  O0

Jordy Clasie would be canny like.

ner man, aaanly mackems are classy marra. in otha newwwws, wheyse keys are these?

If I were taking any of the released Italian old guard it would be Seedorf by a mile. Would be a lovely player to have in reserve/arguably start and he'd be a great influence round the club IMO.

Supposedly off to the black and white stripes of Botafogo though.

Well I saw that, and he played well. Not sure if he could sustain such levels over the season in what is meant to be the fastest league in the world though ?

It wasn't a serious suggestion regardless, I'm all for going for younger players.

However considering he's the best central defender of his generation and was first choice CB for AC milan last season, I reckon he might cope.