Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest Howaythetoon

Sign the ‘keeper up permanently, Kennedy if we can or back on loan, get a proper 10 and a goal scorer.

From the teams looking most likely/gone at the moment - WBA, Southampton/Stoke/Palace - who would people take?

WBA - Foster, Evans for me.. Think Rondon's pretty s**** tbh, Not counting Krychowiak, rest of that squad are no better than what we have.

Southampton - Happen to think a lot of their players would be quite a bit better than what we have if they we're here under Rafa. So most of their squad really, but Bertrand, Tadic, Lemina, Cedric could all improve us I think

Stoke - Shaqiri, Allen, Butland at a push Martins Indi

Palace - Zaha, Milovojevic.

Really want Luan now, since we were linked in january so I would like to see us lining up something like this.

----------------------dubz------------------

Yed----------las-------------lej----------dum

--------------jj--------------mo-------------

Murphy-------------luan--------------kenn

---------------------Slim-------------------

With Fabian also coming in if we have enough left

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he sounded like somebody we'd have done well to get. Unfortunately I don't think Rafa was gonna be allowed a left back while Haidara, Gamez and Lazaar were all on the books. Definitely a position I'd imagine we'd see somebody coming in during the summer, to offer a more attacking option to Dummett (and to allow us to play with wing-backs).

In terms of striking targets this summer I would put pretty good money on Sampdoria's Duvan Zupata being on Rafa's list. He bought him, played him, and liked him at Napoli. He's a player where you basically know what you're gonna get, and while it's not necessarily spectacular, I reckon he'd be solidly effective in the PL.

Yeah he sounded like somebody we'd have done well to get. Unfortunately I don't think Rafa was gonna be allowed a left back while Haidara, Gamez and Lazaar were all on the books. Definitely a position I'd imagine we'd see somebody coming in during the summer, to offer a more attacking option to Dummett (and to allow us to play with wing-backs).

In terms of striking targets this summer I would put pretty good money on Sampdoria's Duvan Zupata being on Rafa's list. He bought him, played him, and liked him at Napoli. He's a player where you basically know what you're gonna get, and while it's not necessarily spectacular, I reckon he'd be solidly effective in the PL.

Sampdoria with an option to buy? Recon they might want him permanently.

It's an obligation to buy so essentially it's already a completed transfer last summer, just dodgy Italian accounting.

They have a few midfielders they'll sell first, so might be a tough deal to do, but everybody is for sale at the right price to Samp.

It's an obligation to buy so essentially it's already a completed transfer last summer, just dodgy Italian accounting.

They have a few midfielders they'll sell first, so might be a tough deal to do, but everybody is for sale at the right price to Samp.

Reckon we'll be back in for that Praet lad we were interested in last summer? No idea how he's done this season

Sampdoria with an option to buy? Recon they might want him permanently.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/954660ddbe53df808c23a0ba948e7971/en_US/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bf4-history-of-recon-7_2.png?v=1415695661.6

'Rafa target identified. Monitor with extreme prejudice'

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=97924.msg6479360#msg6479360

I see he signed for Ajax in January and has a good chance of going to the World Cup with Argentina (started last night against Italy). The fee was only around £3.5m. Probably going to be a lot more than that when Ajax come to sell on in a year or two. Oh well.

Already failed once in Europe and Argentina have absolutely no full backs. Would approach with caution.

• 2 weeks later...

Just having a cheeky deeky at who's out of contract next summer as no doubt our thrifty ways will identify then first:

Ander Herrera

Salomon Rondón

Remo Freuler (Atalanta)

Adam Masina (Bologna)

Ibrahima Mbaye (Bologna)

Jonny Castro (Celta)

Sergio Gomez (Celta)

Iker Munain (Athletic)

Matija Nastasic (Schalke)

Juan Bernat (Bayern)

Patrick Herrmann (Gladbach)

Joris Gnagnon (Rennes)

Rafael (OL)

Vincent Thill (Metz)

Just having a cheeky deeky at who's out of contract next summer as no doubt our thrifty ways will identify then first:

Ander Herrera

Salomon Rondón

Remo Freuler (Atalanta)

Adam Masina (Bologna)

Ibrahima Mbaye (Bologna)

Jonny Castro (Celta)

Sergio Gomez (Celta)

Iker Munain (Athletic)

Matija Nastasic (Schalke)

Juan Bernat (Bayern)

Patrick Herrmann (Gladbach)

Joris Gnagnon (Rennes)

Rafael (OL)

Vincent Thill (Metz)

Munain would be perfect! Spanish connection as well.