Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Can't see it happening, but we REALLY do need another winger/forward. We have 4 players (good enough) for 3 positions :( Cissé, Gouffran, HBA and Marv)

Why i want a winger and a forward in the summer :pow: hopefully Generous Mike will be forthcoming with the cash  :smug:

Yes but we need one now. Not that im gonna complain too much after all of our deals in this window :lol:

While i agree i think we be fine till the summer, Ben Arfa and Marveaux will both be available in 3 weeks add that to Gouffran and i think Obertan can do a job.

Should be enough to get comfortable mid table and then sort that out in the summer.

Saha on a cheap contract until end of the season? Not seen him this season, but can't be worse than Shola. Offer him a small amount of money with goal bonuses and boom. Assuming he's not leaving Sunderland because of playing time but because they're shit.

Saha on a cheap contract until end of the season? Not seen him this season, but can't be worse than Shola. Offer him a small amount of money with goal bonuses and boom. Assuming he's not leaving Sunderland because of playing time but because they're shit.

You assume wrong. Been utterly gash for them.

Guest firetotheworks

Can someone update the title to Summer 2013 please? Thank you

Hmmm....

Karmic Benzema :snod:

Only if we can remove 'Realistic' from the thread title as well.

Im really afraid we wont be able to keep Cabaye this summer. Man U, Chelsea, Real etc should be in for him if he keeps up his form. Will be hard to replace him if it happens. Loosing Colo doesn't worry me as much.

Im really afraid we wont be able to keep Cabaye this summer. Man U, Chelsea, Real etc should be in for him if he keeps up his form. Will be hard to replace him if it happens. Loosing Colo doesn't worry me as much.

same here but at least in this window we are showing a bit of ambition which will hopefully encourage him (and HBA) to stay on longer.

People worry way too much like. :lol:

Think we've demonstrated enough recently that if a player does go, the other team have to pay far more than their true value (unless there's a contract situation), and we will replace with quality even if they do leave.

I hope you are right. Though I can see Man U come in for him this summer when Giggs and Scholes probably will stop playing. They will need a Cabaye.  We should demand Carrick as part of the deal..

I'd hazard a guess and say that it will be one in one out in the summer. We might stretch it for a striker but the rest will be replacements and squad players.

Would be nice to see Amalfitano, step up for us.

Yes, this is a problem - I reckon he will be on Ferguson's radar although I'd rather they took Tiote. Unfortunately, Cabaye is the type of player teams like Man U really want and I reckon he's above sides like Spurs now.

Obviously, we will need a Colo replacement although I reckon MYM is going to be that, and a striker with pace is a must.