Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

After Cisse our other strikers aren't even Championship quality. To bring in Gouffran for £3m would massively improve the quality of our striker choice.

We had better have the feelers out for players who are available to loan. If NUFC fail to buy the players we need but then also fail to loan anyone then they haven't even tried to save our Premier League status.

I don't want Darren Bent, but signing someone with some level of experience in the Premier League might not be the worst idea in the world given the current set of circumstances. An immediate impact is needed. There are plenty of young (French) players to develop and sell-on for a profit in the future. If the club balk at the price tags for proven PL talent, they may want to consider it an investment in preserving PL income (TV, gates etc.)

I don't want Darren Bent, but signing someone with some level of experience in the Premier League might not be the worst idea in the world given the current set of circumstances. An immediate impact is needed. There are plenty of young (French) players to develop and sell-on for a profit in the future. If the club balk at the price tags for proven PL talent, they may want to consider it an investment in preserving PL income (TV, gates etc.)

We need someone to play with Cisse, not someone to be back up.

I'd take Bent, but only on a loan deal.

same here but I doubt they'd loan him to one of their 'relegation rivals'............they're just gonna have to pay him to sit on the stands for the rest of the season (if the appearance clause as reported is correct)

Pardew was in charge when Bent was at Charlton (taking over from Curbishley) so could be some element of truth in the rumour