UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Tooj

I thought in the 2nd half, Arsenal did well to neutralise Dortmund's attacking play and were pretty solid. But 1st half Dortmund were very wasteful and on another day would've won comfortably.

Arsenal's defending in the first 15 minutes was laughable.

So Biscuits isn't a centre-half then?  Learn a new thing every day.  I like Guardiola and i love the football his team play but if he thinks they're good enough to win without defenders then tonight should have put a pretty big dent in that belief.  Milan didn't have to create too many chances for their two goals.

Korean media in full meltdown-mode now that PCY has failed to feature in either of the two matches since he's signed. :lol:

Bit of a shame that he seems to be behind both Van Persie and Chamakh. Would be terrible for our national team if he's bench-warming for the next 2~3 years.

Guest sydneycove

Korean media in full meltdown-mode now that PCY has failed to feature in either of the two matches since he's signed. :lol:

Bit of a shame that he seems to be behind both Van Persie and Chamakh. Would be terrible for our national team if he's bench-warming for the next 2~3 years.

Would be great for Australia though :D

Pretty sure he will be, can't see him starting regularly anyway.

Pretty sure he will be, can't see him starting regularly anyway.

I was as well, but was hoping he'd be ahead of Chamakh at least so he could get a decent amount of games through squad rotation.

Right now it looks like he won't be playing at all except for cup matches and when Van Persie gets crocked. Might have been better for us if he just went to Lille.

Nah, you lot are terrible :nile:

Honestly I think the writing is on the wall for us this qualifying season though. With all the terrible luck the national team has had, I feel that we're, very, very likely to miss out on 2014.

Honestly I think the writing is on the wall for us this qualifying season though. With all the terrible luck the national team has had, I feel that we're, very, very likely to miss out on 2014.

We'll gladly take your place in Brazil :bluestar:

Guest sydneycove

We were atrocious vs Thailand. We need to get rid of a heap of older players atm. Kewell, Schwarzer, Neil, the Og Monster (such an amazing story playing park football 5 years ago now he has played in a WC and named Asia's best player for 2010), North, Grella, Bresciano and Thompson.

We were atrocious vs Thailand. We need to get rid of a heap of older players atm. Kewell, Schwarzer, Neil, the Og Monster (such an amazing story playing park football 5 years ago now he has played in a WC and named Asia's best player for 2010), North, Grella, Bresciano and Thompson.

I'll be honest, I can't name a single decent Australian player under age 30. You really don't seem to be replacing your older guys at all.

In any case, qualification is going to be such a bitch this year.

Guest sydneycove

I'll be honest, I can't name a single decent Australian player under age 30. You really don't seem to be replacing your older guys at all.

In any case, qualification is going to be such a bitch this year.

There are some out there Rukavytsa, Oar, Leckie, Kruse, Bulut, Inman, Herd, Lowry, Federici, DeVere and Spiranovic should see us through the next 10 years. Oar, Rukavytsa, Bulut, Federici and Leckie should be the best of that bunch.

Guest sydneycove

Oh and Terry Antonis who spent time as a kid with Real Madrid. Comes recommended by Golden Balls and Tim Cahill. Only 17 still but should be off to Europe as soon as he turns 18.

Guest Roger Kint

I know its still live on Sky(among many other outlets) but fucking hell when are ITV going to remove their tongues from Man Utd's rectum? Surely Man City v Napoli would have been the popular/logical choice of live game tonight rather than the usual arse-kissing tedium that accompanies Man Utd's stroll in the park v another cack side?

:idiot2: