Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We need to score again.

Careful Pip, that kind of insight into a game of football will land you a job as ITV's Co-Commentary.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We need to score again.

Careful Pip, that kind of insight into a game of football will land you a job as ITV's Co-Commentary.

:lol:

Guest Dontooner

We are playing s*** tbh, controlling possession but never really look like threatening. Need Marv to replace Best or Ba...need another player that has the balls to shoot outside of the box and make a dribble when we are clueless.

We will be struggling all season to score goals if we intend to cross and expect our impotent strikers to convert them. We sold Carrol, Nolan which shone in those tactics. The strikers we have now lack the ability to score from crosses and also lack the ability to run behind defenders...

Starting to get a bit worried like...

Now i realize how important it was for us to get a speedy and fast striker...

I'm not watching this game live but I'll bet the reason the strikers aren't scoring from crosses has more to do with the quality of the crosses than the strikers movement.

Both really... the crosses has been weak but the strikers are not imposing themselves in the box like how we were setup last season.

We have to mix it up with long shots to flicks to confuse them.

Just as i typing we scored..good play from Cabaye and Tiote ...

Guest guinness_fiend

I'm starting to like Best a lot.  We keep saying he's not prem class but he keeps on putting it in the net.

He's a poacher.  With decent deliveries, he'll score.  Unfortunately, he appears incapable of making chances for himself.

When Obertan doesn't have time to trap the ball, stop it dead, stand there for a few seconds, let the opposition close him down, and then do a little dance, he does some alright, random stuff on the ball that helps us.