Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

f***ing hate this piece of s***, (Le Tissier) f***ing epitome of small town t*** staying at small club, f***ing c***. f***ing was he even watching the match?? c***.

hehe, something funny about GEORGE BAILEY slating staying at a small town!  love that film....

Krul 6 - Not a great deal to do, didn't cover himself in glory for the goal mind. His punching was decent and his kicking was much improved too.

Simpson 5 - Caught out of position far too many times for my liking. A shame really given he was much better going forward.

Coloccini 6 - Classy performance but you can't get away from the fact he was at fault for the goal, caught wrong side.

Taylor 7 - Solid, made one cock up but promptly made up for it.

Taylor 6 - Not a fan but didn't think he did too badly today.

Obertan 5 - I know he linked up well at times but it just doesn't cut it for me. Rarely beat Warnock, reluctant to whip a cross in and too wasteful in possession. He needs to be dropped for Marveaux who looked a class above when he came on.

Cabaye 9 - Absolutely ran the show, only the woodwork and Given prevented him from getting on the scoresheet with two sensational strikes too. Classy.

Tiote 7 - Much improved today, starting to look like the player we know and love again.

Jonas 6 - Textbook Jonas really. Grafted, ran at players but his delivery was poor at times.

Ba 7 - Linked up superbly with the midfield and provided some much needed pace and power up front. Having said that he didn't seem to get into too many goal scoring positions. Good performance none the less.

Best 7 - Didn't play amazingly well but grabbed the all important goal. Looks a real fox in the box, can't help feel he would be better still if he learnt to watch the line.

Shola 6 - Some decent touches and helped in retaining possession. Nothing major to grumble about.

Krul 6 - Not a great deal to do, didn't cover himself in glory for the goal mind. His punching was decent and his kicking was much improved too.

Simpson 5 - Caught out of position far too many times for my liking. A shame really given he was much better going forward.

Coloccini 6 - Classy performance but you can't get away from the fact he was at fault for the goal, caught wrong side.

Taylor 7 - Solid, made one cock up but promptly made up for it.

Taylor 6 - Not a fan but didn't think he did too badly today.

Obertan 5 - I know he linked up well at times but it just doesn't cut it for me. Rarely beat Warnock, reluctant to whip a cross in and too wasteful in possession. He needs to be dropped for Marveaux who looked a class above when he came on.

Cabaye 9 - Absolutely ran the show, only the woodwork and Given prevented him from getting on the scoresheet with two sensational strikes too. Classy.

Tiote 7 - Much improved today, starting to look like the player we know and love again.

Jonas 6 - Textbook Jonas really. Grafted, ran at players but his delivery was poor at times.

Ba 7 - Linked up superbly with the midfield and provided some much needed pace and power up front. Having said that he didn't seem to get into too many goal scoring positions. Good performance none the less.

Best 7 - Didn't play amazingly well but grabbed the all important goal. Looks a real fox in the box, can't help feel he would be better still if he learnt to watch the line.

Shola 6 - Some decent touches and helped in retaining possession. Nothing major to grumble about.

Pretty accurate those ratings. :thup: Would give Simpson 6 and Shola 5 though.

Guest hobshobs

I dont understand the Jonas love. Bloke has no finishing or passing skill what so ever. Can get past his man but has to be one of the most frustrating players in the world.

His work rate is second to non..

If work rate going forward means running towards goal and failing to cross I agree.

If work rate when defending means tracking back and never putting in a tackle I agree.

Lanky piece of pish.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Best performance under Pardew?

Possibly.

We played really good intense stuff against Man United at home last year. Shame our strikers were Shola and Peter Lovenkrands.

Well I heard Le Tiss say you didn't dominate therefore Villa definitely deserved to win. What a lucky point.[/mindless]

It's no wonder this fucker isn't involved in football, despite his footballing brain that he had in his playing days.  :lol: