Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

[/img]

60 quid :lol:

Amazon have them up for £6 :lol:

Edit: :anguish:

Big D Lee ‏@aggaz09 9h9 hours ago

@MirrorFootball well done Ashley chance to win a coat for the team to win and fans still moan spent £70m this season so far still not happy

[/img]

60 quid :lol:

Amazon have them up for £6 :lol:

Edit: :anguish:

Big D Lee ‏@aggaz09 9h9 hours ago

@MirrorFootball well done Ashley chance to win a coat for the team to win and fans still moan spent £70m this season so far still not happy

We're entrenched in yet another relegation battle under his leadership but because he's gave us the chance to win a coat all should be forgiven and we should be eternally grateful to this so generous man.

CZCEuf5WcAAM7h5.png

Think I've had discussions on here in the past about why we were always going to be spending a good wedge this season.  When I've graphed the club revenue alongside wages + expenses + transfers it's remarkable how well the lines match up.

The shortfall in 2011 largely went to the £11m Ashley was repaid from his loan I think.

CZCEuf5WcAAM7h5.png

Think I've had discussions on here in the past about why we were always going to be spending a good wedge this season.  When I've graphed the club revenue alongside wages + expenses + transfers it's remarkable how well the lines match up.

The shortfall in 2011 largely went to the £11m Ashley was repaid from his loan I think.

'Remarkable' might be a bit strong. After effectively taking a back seat post Keegangate, He's stuck to his word and neither puts in or takes out so the club just gets on with spending whatever it can generate. If they fuck up then he'll need to bail them out occasionally, though as we've seen, with loans rather than gifting the club cash.

If it wasn't for the tacky Sports Direct association, horrific decisions over the stadium etc., and fucking shedload of questionable appointments, outside of getting someone pumping in money like at Man City, he could be classed as a fairly agreeable owner. :bluestar:

CZCEuf5WcAAM7h5.png

'Remarkable' might be a bit strong. After effectively taking a back seat post Keegangate, He's stuck to his word and neither puts in or takes out so the club just gets on with spending whatever it can generate. If they fuck up then he'll need to bail them out occasionally, though as we've seen, with loans rather than gifting the club cash.

If it wasn't for the tacky Sports Direct association, horrific decisions over the stadium etc., and fucking shedload of questionable appointments, outside of getting someone pumping in money like at Man City, he could be classed as a fairly agreeable owner. :bluestar:

He'll buy players who he can potentially sell for what he paid at a minimum, and he'll pay the going rate for wages to ensure he can attract players with potential to improve..  I've no problem with a self financing transfer model, especially when it's working, as that means we're seeing some good players going through the club.

His problem for me is he only wants to spend in areas he can get a return.  So he won't push the boat out and spend millions on a manager's basic pay to attract the best.  Won't invest in an experienced, professional, proven academy and coaching staff.  Won't pay to poach a top executive from another club.