Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Blokes a pathological liar and a fucking sociopath.

This totally. There he was speaking yesterday inviting mp's to sports direct hq to show them that it isn't really a modern day sweatshop that treats its employees with utter contempt, but a modern day employee utopia where everything is fantastic and staff are treated like gods

The bloke needs fucking put down like a stricken horse

It reads as if Newcastle has been emptying his pockets but the reality of it is, its all his own piss poor decision making that cost him money.

Ashley is obviously feeling the media heat so has started making public statements in his defence.

Keep the pressure on fat man, keep it right up.

I feel Newcastle United is now at a massive cross roads, we either stay up and build or the most likely scenario is us going down and not returning for a long time as the club struggles with his reckless half arsed ownership in the championship.

Will be interesting what happens with Sports Direct shares should Jonas win his case against the club.

I'm not 100% sure how all this works but I suspect the media will use this as further justification that he is in fact an unjust owner of any business should Jonas win.

Will be interesting what happens with Sports Direct shares should Jonas win his case against the club.

I'm not 100% sure how all this works but I suspect the media will use this as further justification that he is in fact an unjust owner of any business should Jonas win.

Indeed, his failure at running us half competently is coming back to haunt him with SD.  If Jonas wins his case, it makes mistreatment of staff at SD more credible and those employees are not in a position to fight back .

Ashley says he won't sell but also that we're reluctantly wedded together?

In other words, he'd like to sell if a bid came in. Just like it's always been.

He bought the club to promote SD and our ground is still covered with SD adverts so he's doing what he always planned.

Don't see how there's any evidence he actually wants to sell. He says loads of shit (or gets others to do it) to keep fans pacified and clearly it works.

Oh for sure, it's just people take the I win sell for any price as bond - certainly not whilst the gravy train is still rolling.

If someone offers a price he is happy with , then he will sell. It really is that simple. He is a businessman not a football man.

This is true to some extent. The problem is that, as things stand, he's getting free (global) SD adverts for the next few decades. It's going to take a massive offer to convince him.

If fans want him out they're going to have to force it and make SD's association with NUFC toxic. This is easier in the Championship, which is why a lot of people want/wanted us relegated.

I don't think it's simple as naming a price. He'll want conditions attached to any sale that tie our retail/advertising arm in with his company for years, as he has done with Rangers.

Guest DonaldGrump

Ashley says he won't sell but also that we're reluctantly wedded together?

In other words, he'd like to sell if a bid came in. Just like it's always been.

More like he knows he wont get the money he wants for the club so he wont sell on the cheap and would rather run it into the ground than do so. We are royally fucked, I said from the minute the Keegan affair blew up that he was bad news and that the club would be ruined, yet there were so many fools blindly believing otherwise. 

I don't think it's simple as naming a price. He'll want conditions attached to any sale that tie our retail/advertising arm in with his company for years, as he has done with Rangers.

Absolutely everything will be set up so he eeks more money from the club. The bloke is a parasite, a scumbag and a cunt and I can't wait to see him six feet under preferably as soon as possible. Saying that he'll probably have it set up that we're liquidated as soon as croaks it as I can't imagine he'd want anyone other than his own fat carcass to benefit from his passing.

What an absolute prick "due to my chronic mismanagement of the club in the last 9 years we no longer have any money left, but don't come crying to me about it because it's not my fault". All he had to do in the first place was hire competent people to do a competent job and keep his nose out and we'd be fighting for Europe with money in the bank instead of fighting against relegation and skint.

He can beg for sympathy all he wants, if this club goes under there's only one man to blame, he owns it, he puts who he deems the right people in positions of authority, the book only stops with one person, he said as much at the end of last season, he can't take that back now.

Thinking about it, im not sure how the club can move forward when the owner has come out and said he regrets buying it...its dead in the water.

Even if we stay up Benitez might just say "Sorry, either it all changes or I'm gone."

I wouldn't blame him for doing so now.

If that happens then there should correctly be a lot of vitriol aimed at the owner. Once again though, that probably won't happen.

That's a fair article.

It takes a special kind of cunt to dampen the good feeling we've enjoyed so rarely since he (Ashley) arrived. It just goes to show, once again, the HUGE disconnect between owner and club.

There is no positive in our connection with Mike Ashley. Absolutely none.

Thinking about it, im not sure how the club can move forward when the owner has come out and said he regrets buying it...its dead in the water.

Even if we stay up Benitez might just say "Sorry, either it all changes or I'm gone."

If that happens then there should correctly be a lot of vitriol aimed at the owner. Once again though, that probably won't happen.

Honestly, and I've thought this since the appointment, I think if we stay up he'd go because the club would want rid of him. He's far too much of a threat for them.

They've brought him in to get them out of the shit (ten games too late btw - typically, trying to do things on the cheap and gamble on SMc) and, if he does, they'll let him go.

In the Championship, there is no way they would pay him a premiership salary so he'd be off anyway. It's a crying shame though because a proper owner/board with just an ounce of ambition would talk him into staying by convincing him to use the season to sort out his side, structure the club and get the systems right for returning to the big time.

John Hall (or, dare I say, FS) would talk him into it, no problem.

Guest DonaldGrump

Benitez will not stay if we go down, nor if he isnt given the backing and authority to do things his way if we stay up.....Benite will not be here at the start of next season.  At least Ashley has now admitted that by and large he doesnt give a toss, he thought he could maqke money off the back of the game and our club, he believed that all the thick Norvern jawdees would swallow his guff, and many did......too many. Now its there for all to see until this club is rid of this man it will be a disaster, and if it takes us doing a Portsmouth before better times then so be it I guess.