Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I really don't want us to sell out to The Saudi's like.

Obviously Ashley has to go but I never wanted it to be like this :lol:

Nowhere near as exited as I would have been 10 years ago, I'm not even arsed about us being that good, I just want us to try.

She could broker a deal for Sauron for me. At least he had ambition.

Nowhere near as exited as I would have been 10 years ago, I'm not even arsed about us being that good, I just want us to try.

She could broker a deal for Sauron for me. At least he had ambition.

Aye.

I thought the same until recently but fuck it. Most of my adult life we've been ruined by him. Trying would be lovely, but if we got some rich bastards planning on buying the title and big names then bring it on. :lol:

Caulkin saying theres now been contact between her & NUFC officials

Is this new stuff or the same as was said yesterday? That she talked to Rafa and other people just after the game.

Can see the sentiment but I want us to spend a truck load, have Rafa on a infinitive contract and brutalise teams regularly.  In all seriousness the most exciting thing would be the possibility of European football again at some point in the future imo

I thought the same until recently but f*** it. Most of my adult life we've been ruined by him. Trying would be lovely, but if we got some rich b******s planning on buying the title and big names then bring it on. :lol:

Yeeah! Just like a homeless guy who's been living on the streets for 30 years, he fucking deserves a steak 3 times a day in his new fortress.

I have a Man City supporting mate, told him about this possible takeover talk and replied with "we can ruin football together, geddin". :lol: Whilst I hate that this is what the PL has come to, the fickle t*** I am really wants this to happen. Ambition at trying to get back into the top 6...

:sweetjesus:

Is this new stuff or the same as was said yesterday? That she talked to Rafa and other people just after the game.

He only said something along the lines of initially there hadn't been any contact but he believes that has changed since the game.

Probably means fucking Rafa :lol:

He only said something along the lines of initially there hadn't been any contact but he believes that has changed since the game.

Probably means f***ing Rafa :lol:

tenor.gif

I'm not getting ahead of things, it'll all come to nothing - there's no way on this planet that a parasite like Ashley will give up free advertising for Shites Direct or the potential other benefits he gets  :huff:

Once upon a time I was like that. Didn't want to be THAT team that bought the title, but now, f*** it. Buy 'em all.

The sad fact is, discounting of course Leicester's remarkable season, to even have a chance of being what traditionally was regarded as being successful, you absolutely need one of these mega rich type owners. Otherwise you are really settling for being at best mid table and we are refining the term if successful as finishing in  10th spot in the PL.

Once upon a time I was like that. Didn't want to be THAT team that bought the title, but now, f*** it. Buy 'em all.

The sad fact is, discounting of course Leicester's remarkable season, to even have a chance of being what traditionally was regarded as being successful, you absolutely need one of these mega rich type owners. Otherwise you are really settling for being at best mid table and we are refining the term if successful as finishing in  10th spot in the PL.

Spurs and Liverpool aren't backed by filthy rich owners like. Suppose neither has won anything in the last few years, but would love to be in either of their positions right now. Just reasonable ambition and backing a good manager is a good start.

:thup: One of the ways I justify my hypothetical acceptance of a big money owner is that I don't really consider it 'buying the league' anymore a la Chelsea 14 years ago. There's so many other teams with insane wads of cash that just buying a load of expensive players doesn't cut it; you genuinely do still need to be astute. Makes it still feel like a challenge.

The underlying point (i.e. that you need heavy investment from a mega rich owner) is not strictly true though. Spurs were close to winning the league the past couple of seasons, as were Liverpool fairly recently under Rodgers, and neither of those clubs bought their way to success using owner funds like Man City/Chelsea did. So it's certainly possible to build a title challenging side the "normal" way.

Man City - Oil Money

Chelsea - Russian Rubles

Man U - Make money due to mass global appeal from being embedded in football culture thanks to SAF's years of success

Arsenal - Rarely spend big, no idea if Wenger or Ownership

Tottenham - Spend within their means (no doubt frustratingly so for the fans)

Liverpool - Somehow have a ton of money but always spend it terribly

Then there's clubs like Stoke, WBA, Everton that until recently seemed rather sensible with their transfer spending.

Then you have a whole host of clubs that skirt around Premier League/Championship (us included btw) that will always be playing catch up just to build up their cash reserves.

So yeah, I sort of agree that sadly, outside of a Leicester Miracle season (let's not ignore the state the league was in that season with managerial appointments) it'll take a huge effort to break into the Top 6 money wise.

The underlying point (i.e. that you need heavy investment from a mega rich owner) is not strictly true though. Spurs were close to winning the league the past couple of seasons, as were Liverpool fairly recently under Rodgers, and neither of those clubs bought their way to success using owner funds like Man City/Chelsea did. So it's certainly possible to build a title challenging side the "normal" way.

Sure it is, but it takes a huge effort and an outstanding player to do so.

Liverpool - Suarez

Tottenham - Bale

How long did those players stay after the 'nearly' season? And what happened the season after? The rich clubs just went out and bought players freely.