Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Howaythetoon

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like f***ing Netto.

A bit over the top as usual, but we should be one of the most attractive clubs in the world to buy. Not only unique in being a one club city, but we stand apart from most of the other clubs in England in both geography and passion for the game which has to be a massive factor. It would be for British buyers anyway, my only worry is whether foreign buyers would realise it. Someone like Stavely would be crucial in conveying this. You see nothing clubs like Crystal Palace and QPR getting bought up and you wonder whether the owners think just because they are in London that somehow gives them extra value?

Its not over the top like. We are already in the top 20 of world club's and that's with Ashley as owner. We have one of the best manager's in the world in charge, one of the biggest stadiums, a huge huge fan base and a pretty decent foreign following. There is not a club on earth that could achieve what we could with major investment, not a club that isn't already an established power base or elite club anyway.

Looking a the club as a businessman and objectively it has huge huge potential. It has often been referred to as the Crown Jewels of British Football, albeit by the Halls and Keegan and co, but there is no other club in the country and maybe the world with as much potential. Look at what has happened at Manchester City and they live in Man Utd's shadow. Go anywhere in the world and you will see people wearing their shirts and imagery of Auegro, Pep or Toure or whoever. They are now a global super club I'd say. Newcastle United needs a lot of work done to it, but with the right investment and business acumen there is no reason why we can't become a super club because the foundations are already there. NUFC is easily worth 400 million if you are looking at it as a long term project. If you are looking to make money forget it, it's worth probably what Ashley paid for it. We are already one of the biggest clubs in tech world and that is despite ten years of Ashley running us like f***ing Netto.

A bit over the top as usual, but we should be one of the most attractive clubs in the world to buy. Not only unique in being a one club city, but we stand apart from most of the other clubs in England in both geography and passion for the game which has to be a massive factor. It would be for British buyers anyway, my only worry is whether foreign buyers would realise it. Someone like Stavely would be crucial in conveying this. You see nothing clubs like Crystal Palace and QPR getting bought up and you wonder whether the owners think just because they are in London that somehow gives them extra value?

Its not over the top like. We are already in the top 20 of world club's and that's with Ashley as owner. We have one of the best manager's in the world in charge, one of the biggest stadiums, a huge huge fan base and a pretty decent foreign following. There is not a club on earth that could achieve what we could with major investment, not a club that isn't already an established power base or elite club anyway.

Sheff Wed?

These were the (not so long ago) days . . .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/5th%20Richest%20Club%20in%20the%20world%20-%20NUFC%201999_zpsgot9hsio.jpg

The only aspect I would agree with the over the top remark, is that it's still written from a NUFC fan perspective, the Mackems would mock and ridicule you for what you wrote, that doesn't mean they are right and you are wrong but the cries of delusion would be deafening. I think just adding the word "untapped" fixes most things with your post because you are absolutely right, if I were a mega rich individual looking for a PL club to "play" with, NUFC ticks pretty much all the boxes for clubs outside the top 6. Single club city, huge fan base, history, external debt free, excellent manager, young playing staff, great stadium (although the lack of potential expansion possibilities would be a small concern) and many many other things.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/5th%20Richest%20Club%20in%20the%20world%20-%20NUFC%201999_zpsgot9hsio.jpg

Parma, Rangers & Leeds. :(

Interesting that, thanks for posting it.

Infuriating how we didn't capitalise.

Essentially I agree with you, I probably made the same point before you tbh, but what I'm saying is, there has to be a reason why no one has bought us yet and lesser clubs get bought instead. Yes we are more expensive, but if we are indeed one of the premier clubs in the world, you would think someone would have stumped up by now. Of course we don't know exactly what conditions Ashley is putting in there for a sale so there might be hidden stumbling blocks put in there intentionally. Who knows?

Guest reefatoon

I think your last sentence answers that Tron. Can see him being nigh on impossible to try and deal with. His terms or nothing.

Fucking hell, new page answer wanker. If anyone is gagging to find out what the answer is, please just pop back a page for a full run down.

I think your last sentence answers that Tron. Can see him being nigh on impossible to try and deal with. His terms or nothing.

Fucking hell, new page answer wanker. If anyone is gagging to find out what the answer is, please just pop back a page for a full run down.

Which means he doesn't really want to sell essentially. I'm pretty sure if he did he could come to a price where he would more than get his money back and make a decent wedge on top for his troubles. That's without taking into consideration the free publicity he's milked for Sports Direct for the last 10 years.

Interesting that, thanks for posting it.

Infuriating how we didn't capitalise.

We were ABOVE BARCELONA !!!!

When is this from? 99?

All seems quieter on the takeover rumour mill today, so does that mean this is blowing over now and can be filed with the other crap?

I'm hoping for the opposite as they're usually shit hot to dismiss these things!

I'm sure it was only two days ago when I said that I wasn't going to get a glimmer of hope up about this!

When is this from? 99?

Isn't that when NTL gave us a 24 million interest free loan ?