Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ah, s***.  Well, we had a decent six months or so of hope, that's not bad for us.  Best get ready for another five or six years of misery under some PFM knacker.

Old Pards is free right now.

Just saying.......  :whistle:

Given Benitez record in the transfer market can anyone be surprised . Biggest resource in the league and we are making a f***ing pigs ear of promotion. Good on Ashley for stepping up and taking control of this mess.

872530d3ad0275998bc16c2ec62ed725.gif

I don't think there's much evidence to say this window is Ashley's fault. Seems we have found players we want but their owning clubs have asked for up to 4 times their value so we are a bit cautious. No good sign a good Championship player for 20 million who may not make the grade in the Premiership. I'm hoping a few loan signings would be enough if we can find the right ones. January is a horrible month for permanent signings at times.

I'll reserve my judgement until the transfer window closes. No direct quotes or evidence to back up the Mirror's claims whatsoever. Just because we haven't signed anyone 15 days in doesn't indicate a complete failure, in my opinion. We're top of the league ffs.

Ah, s***.  Well, we had a decent six months or so of hope, that's not bad for us.  Best get ready for another five or six years of misery under some PFM knacker.

Old Pards is free right now.

Just saying.......  :whistle:

Don't joke about it....apparently, Bayern Munich want Klopp and Benitez would be a ready-made replacement for him if he left Liverpool. Home on Merseyside etc., and it would be typical Ashley to re-appoint an out-of- work Pardew, partly to rub it into the fans and also because it would be cheap ; he has form with Kinnear remember...

My prediction... Rafa will takes us up and then will leave to take over West Ham. And Ashley will be happy with that!

A very possible scenario but don't rule out a return to Liverpool if Bayern are successful in prising Klopp away at the end of the season.

Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rafa off at the end of the season if he is unhappy at transfer policy - nobody objects to signing young promising players but the end decision on who is signed and why should be the managers and players should be signed to BUILD a side, not so they can be sold on in a year or two's time...

Ashley isn't to be trusted and the fact he's suddenly started turning up at matches again is a bit concerning.  He always seem to rear his ugly head when things are ticking along nicely and proceeds to put a spanner in the works.

No it's not :lol:

Ashley isn't to be trusted and the fact he's suddenly started turning up at matches again is a bit concerning.  He always seem to rear his ugly head when things are ticking along nicely and proceeds to put a spanner in the works.

Is to me. I like it better when he's out of sight and out of mind.

it is like, funny coincidence

I'm not buying this tbh, it's come from one guy at the Mirror who's reputation is far from positive so I'm told. None of the local journalists, who have their ears to ground a hell of a lot more than national journalists have as yet ran a story or even said anything about it.

I also believe all this was discussed and agreed upon in the summer and is part of the reason Rafa is even here, I see no reason why this would change.

The article is also so flimsy, it merely suggests we want to sign players with sell on value, well derr so does pretty much every other club, this isn't news.

Never will be, though, will it, with this pondlife still as owner.

Smoke and mirrors. People have been distracted by Rafa and our decent (but not outstanding) performances in the 2nd tier.

But we ALL know what he's like. If he's had some sort of epiphany, I must have missed it.

The feeling that when we get back into the top flight he'll just revert to type is hard to shake.

Never will be, though, will it, with this pondlife still as owner.

Smoke and mirrors. People have been distracted by Rafa and our decent (but not outstanding) performances in the 2nd tier.

But we ALL know what he's like. If he's had some sort of epiphany, I must have missed it.

The feeling that when we get back into the top flight he'll just revert to type is hard to shake.

Basically, that.

Guest neesy111

Yes it is especially since he's loaned the club 32m the other week.

Actually amazing how quickly people have seemingly forgotten the last decade of turmoil at this club. No quotes, just s***-stirring, nothing to worry about. Aye.

Just catching up. Hilarious/pathetic amount of this stuff in the thread after they equalised. I know we've not being playing well recently but people are desperate to be negative. Actually sounded like quite an entertaining match today, haven't seen the highlights yet.

Yes it is especially since he's loaned the club 32m the other week.

What? The two could be completely unrelated as far as we're aware. We're speculating and assuming the worst. That's absolutely no reason to go off on one as if our promotion chances are over or we're going to be nailed on for relegation next season. People need to calm down and see what happens over the next few days / rest of the transfer window.