Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Yeah, Benitez won't put up with any shit from that oaf so it spells trouble if he wants to get overly involved in the football side again. We all knew this could happen, will be very disappointing if it does. In fact I think many would walk away if Ashley's meddling led to Benitez leaving.

No transfer gossip out of the club, sales of the newspapers locally are likely to be down (Mirror own the Chronicle). The Chronicle are left with Lee Ryder writing articles of questions he would want answered but not asking anyone at the club those questions in order to maintain clicks to the site. Having an Ashley rumour is very easy to create, and people read it and automatically come on line to tell him to fuck off.

Guest neesy111

Could be truth in it.  He's probably looking at the money to be made from selling players to Chinese clubs.

Absolutely shambolic if it is.

Bar Diame / Murphy did it ever go away? Doubtful.

As long as it's not 100% only buy ill suited players from that management company I'm not too arsed tbh.

Doubt we'd have bought Gayle or Ritchie before Benitez, particularly in the Championship.

As long as it's not 100% only buy ill suited players from that management company I'm not too arsed tbh.

Doubt we'd have bought Gayle or Ritchie before Benitez, particularly in the Championship.

Not so sure. Think it's very much get out the championship at any cost and then back towards the status quo of what we were doing previously. Either way there's no need to be overt about it.

I imagine he was canny peeved he couldn't bin Rafa mind. Top dollar for what he'll see as a failed manager must be killing him. Hopefully literally.

Gamez too but yeah I agree.

I'm most surprised in that article that Rafa only wants one player (a winger) and not a centre mid and/or an attacking midfielder

Could be truth in it.  He's probably looking at the money to be made from selling players to Chinese clubs.

Why would the Chinese market be relevant to buying young players? The Chinese teams are all about buying 'names'. Can't see any connection at all.

Gamez too but yeah I agree.

I'm most surprised in that article that Rafa only wants one player (a winger) and not a centre mid and/or an attacking midfielder

Totally forgot he existed.

Why would Ashley do something that stupid now? He has to know that if anything happens there would be hell up again far greater then anything previous from the fans.

Really though? Seems to me the majority just lie down and take it whenever he does shit like this.

Why would the Chinese market be relevant to buying young players? The Chinese teams are all about buying 'names'. Can't see any connection at all.

We buy a young player - on the cheap - he shines, makes a name for himself, is sold for silly money.

It's a fairly simple concept.

Aye its high profile players that they're going for. They can only have 4 non Asian players so they won't be stocking up on midtable Premier League players

Guest neesy111

Why would Ashley do something that stupid now? He has to know that if anything happens there would be hell up again far greater then anything previous from the fans.

Because he's Mike Ashley and he lives in Mike Ashley's world.

This

I don't think we need to be really concerned about this. Benitez was told he had power over transfers and I still believe he does/will continue too

I'm sure Ashley will have recommended to buy younger players for cheap for the sell on value but I do not believe it's like the previous regime where we the club will now only sign u25s