Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Bar Diame / Murphy did it ever go away? Doubtful.

As long as it's not 100% only buy ill suited players from that management company I'm not too arsed tbh.

This

I don't think we need to be really concerned about this. Benitez was told he had power over transfers and I still believe he does/will continue too

I'm sure Ashley will have recommended to buy younger players for cheap for the sell on value but I do not believe it's like the previous regime where we the club will now only sign u25s

How's that not anything to be concerned about, considering everything that's happened under Ashley? If Benitez has full control, what the fuck does it have to do with Ashley at all? ???

Honestly, it's the exact same shit we've seen over and over again. Can only hope it's completely untrue.

People on here shitting themselves too much I think.

There is no evidence to suggest that this is true, ok so maybe they are the clubs media partner. However in case you forgot they have recently reported that Delph was a done deal, Cleverly was a done deal when Everton got a replacement in etc. Their sister paper (Chronicle) have even said in the last few days that the club are refusing to name their targets. They maybe the preferred media partners but they know fuck all, the same as every other paper, all they get from that deal is the news to break when something does happen and every so often an interview with Rafa or one of the players about what they had for lunch the day before. Remember when Sports Direct had that news section and they said something about us buying Rooney? The Mirror and to a more significant extent the Chronicle are not getting many sales during football's silly season because they no news to report. Making up an Ashley rumour now means they can drag this story out over a few days with follow ups about what this means for targets now, and what this means on Rafa's future, all the meanwhile you have idiots buying the paper seething over these new rumours and thinking these rumours = the truth.

Hmmm ... well this is uncomfortable news.

Rafa might well be fine with it though. In general he did look to sign younger players even at Liverpool right?

As long as we are getting in good players that the manager likes then hopefully it should be fine. Fingers crossed. Gulp.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is true, however didn't Benitez get written guarantees in his contract over transfer policy?

Plus if Ashley was to do something like this, there is surely no way even he would be stupid enough to do it at this point in this season considering what is at stake? If he made Rafa walk away that would be him finished in terms of making anything from us.

Guest neesy111

It's not the signing of players people are worried about, it's the fact we would be signing them purely to sell on, not to look to build a team around.

I was under the impression we hadn't really scraped that buying model completely. Rafa has the final say on incoming/outgoing and we would sign older players if he wanted them, unless Rafa is told he can't sign a certain older player he wants i don't see anything to worry about.

As soon as Rafa is told no, then i think we're fucked as he'll be off.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, has to be said. Look at Sissoko and Gini. They were young enough to be of decent enough quality, but we were able to get very good value when they didn't really work out for us. I mean it's all a balance really.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, has to be said. Look at Sissoko and Gini. They were young enough to be of decent enough quality, but we were able to get very good value when they didn't really work out for us. I mean it's all a balance really.

We also got relegated mate [emoji38]

It wouldn't surprise me if Rafa genuinely does want rid of Mitro.

That was from August though.

Nothing to say Rafa was actively looking for buyers but failed to attract any interest.

Just because these rumours didn't/aren't happen/happening doesn't mean there might be or have been some truth to them.

It's not impossible to buy well and live on big profits, but you don't just blanket ban experienced players being bought, that's insane. In reality we're never going to be able to hold on to everyone but if literally everyone in the squad is there to be sold as soon as possible you end up with the kind of shitty team that gets relegated like we did.

We wanted Galloway.

What is worrying is he's been to the last 2 games, then this £33 million story surfaced.  This article probably won't be bang on but the truth maybe somewhere in the middle.  Uncertainty and doubts around our policy is the last thing we need at this time of the season. 

More to do with the joke managers really, rather than the quality of players we had on the whole.

I hope for our sake that Rafa is strong enough to keep us sailing on our current course.  The squad needs a spine of players who want to play for the club.  Players like Gayle and Ritchie who see us as the big club they've always dreamed of playing for.  You can have a hand-full of players who are ultra ambitious along side them, but that can only work with that strong spine.  Otherwise you have a squad that doesn't give a fuck when you're bottom 3 and going into March...

Guest neesy111

My main issue would be the return of Carr.  I'm sure Rafa has good scouting options, better than Carr's dodgy French Connections.

More to do with the joke managers really, rather than the quality of players we had on the whole.

Not entirely. The entire club was toxic, that wasn't only down to the clowns in the dugout. The make-up of the squad and recruitment of players also played a big part in create the awful atmosphere within the dressing room.