Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I hope for our sake that Rafa is strong enough to keep us sailing on our current course.  The squad needs a spine of players who want to play for the club.  Players like Gayle and Ritchie who see us as the big club they've always dreamed of playing for.  You can have a hand-full of players who are ultra ambitious along side them, but that can only work with that strong spine.  Otherwise you have a squad that doesn't give a f*** when you're bottom 3 and going into March...

:thup:

It's not necessarily a bad thing, has to be said. Look at Sissoko and Gini. They were young enough to be of decent enough quality, but we were able to get very good value when they didn't really work out for us. I mean it's all a balance really.

We also got relegated mate [emoji38]

More to do with the joke managers really, rather than the quality of players we had on the whole.

Given the number of experienced players - or players with clear leadership skills - Rafa has added, it's clear that our issues lay with both shit managers and a shit transfer policy.

Sure Lascelles has spoken up this year about the dressing room finally having several leaders in it, plus a total change in atmosphere from last year - players now want to play for the club. 

Guest firetotheworks

Ignoring all of this until it inevitably falls apart. You have to enjoy what you can when you can as a Newcastle fan.

Ignoring all of this until it inevitably falls apart. You have to enjoy what you can when you can as a Newcastle fan.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lalalala.gif

:lol: Not mad at this plan.

It's my fault for taking the relative stability for granted.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, has to be said. Look at Sissoko and Gini. They were young enough to be of decent enough quality, but we were able to get very good value when they didn't really work out for us. I mean it's all a balance really.

:mung:

I've already accepted it's true. Because why wouldn't he revert to form after getting Rafa in and getting him to stay after the relegation? Why wouldn't he? He can't resist not having his way about everything. It's probably been eating at him the whole year. Fuck him.

Guest neesy111

I've already accepted it's true. Because why wouldn't he revert to form after getting Rafa in and getting him to stay after the relegation? Why wouldn't he? He can't resist not having his way about everything. It's probably been eating at him the whole year. Fuck him.

Aye, he seems to need a control of things.

:lol: It's absolutely true. It was weird that he was at the game. He's probably been itching like a motherfucker looking for a way to get his Bobby Hill head back in our minds.

I've already accepted it's true. Because why wouldn't he revert to form after getting Rafa in and getting him to stay after the relegation? Why wouldn't he? He can't resist not having his way about everything. It's probably been eating at him the whole year. f*** him.

:lol: It's absolutely true. It was weird that he was at the game. He's probably been itching like a motherfucker looking for a way to get his Bobby Hill head back in our minds.

Keith Bishop there too which I thought was odd. Guess we'll find out soon.

The guys married agin, has stepped back from involvement with SD, and the team he owns were playing in London where he lives (and Birmingham which is only an hour away). He's just like most of our fans, wants to get away from the wife for the day and have something to do.

Guest neesy111

The guys married agin, has stepped back from involvement with SD, and the team he owns were playing in London where he lives (and Birmingham which is only an hour away). He's just like most of our fans, wants to get away from the wife for the day and have something to do.

Also 1-2 weeks after he gave the club a 32m loan.

He hasn't stepped back from involvement with Sports Direct, he's been CEO since September.

There is not even a "source close to the owner" quote in that article. Really not worth worrying about unless some evidence surfaces, such as lack of activity in the window or Rafa speaking out.

I've already accepted it's true. Because why wouldn't he revert to form after getting Rafa in and getting him to stay after the relegation? Why wouldn't he? He can't resist not having his way about everything. It's probably been eating at him the whole year. f*** him.

Keith Bishop there too which I thought was odd. Guess we'll find out soon.

Bishop attends pretty much every game. Often on my train up from London for home games.

Nail in Benitez' coffin should arrive (who can blame the bloke if/when he walks) when the club start deliberately underbidding for the manager's top targets, as they did during Keegan's tenureship.

Prefer to take Keegan's word ("Ashley can't be trusted") over those who are dismissing this story.